Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Best PS4 Games — August 2022

• Posted on 03 July 22 at 14:00
    The PlayStation 4's best games make for a long list full of different genres, game lengths, difficulties, and trophy lists. Since 2013, the PS4 has been churning out all-time greats — here are 15 of the most exemplary of them.

Please click here to read the full story: The Best PS4 Games — August 2022
  • iriihutoR84iriihutoR84356,186
    Posted on 03 July 22 at 14:39
    Solid picks. If I were to add some games myself then it would be Yakuza 0, The Last Guardian, Astro Bot, Dark Souls III, RE7 VR, A Plague Tale and Prey. Those are all part of the games that defined the PS4 to me.
  • Posted on 03 July 22 at 18:34
    Mass Effect and Persona are my absolute favourites ❤️
  • Posted on 03 July 22 at 18:36
    iriihutoR84 said:
    Solid picks. If I were to add some games myself then it would be Yakuza 0, The Last Guardian, Astro Bot, Dark Souls III, RE7 VR, A Plague Tale and Prey. Those are all part of the games that defined the PS4 to me.
    Yakuza 0 is soooo good! I still need to finish it though, pretty far into it now! 😆
  • Posted on 03 July 22 at 19:44, Edited on 03 July 22 at 19:45 by Burkiemeister
    iriihutoR84 said:
    Totally agree. Especially Astro, Dark Souls III, RE7, Plague Tale, Yakuza.
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z638,258
    Posted on 03 July 22 at 20:06
    Burkiemeister said:
    iriihutoR84 said:
    Totally agree. Especially Astro, Dark Souls III, RE7, Plague Tale, Yakuza.
    Yakuza series worth it. The Remastered collection had so much love into it. It comes with a PS3 case of Yakuza 5 as it was previously digital only in the west, so they made a case just for collectors out there who wanted all of them physically on PS3. That's true love for your audience right there.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed599,536
    Posted on 03 July 22 at 20:18
    If we're including the Mass Effect remasters, I feel TLoU Remastered should be here instead of Part 2. I like both, but aside from the improved combat, there isn't anything else that's better than the original.
    It's a solid list other than that, Batman Arkhamverse is probably another I'd add to this list.
    Congratulations on your platinum.
  • Posted on 04 July 22 at 07:43
    Wreckfest beating out Driveclub is enough to make me weep.

Although, I guess Driveclub is a hard sell nowadays, as I don't think you can complete the full list trophy wise anymore.
  • Posted on 04 July 22 at 14:25
    Outer Wilds and Persona 5 Royal, literally my 2 favourite games lmao nice choices you got there
  • Posted on 04 July 22 at 16:16
    The Last of Us 2 -> List is automatically invalid.
  • ColdDogColdDog222,282
    Posted on 04 July 22 at 18:01
    SolaceCreed said:
    If we're including the Mass Effect remasters, I feel TLoU Remastered should be here instead of Part 2.
    I did vote in this direction too, but alas ;)
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed599,536
    Posted on 04 July 22 at 18:11
    ColdDog said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    If we're including the Mass Effect remasters, I feel TLoU Remastered should be here instead of Part 2.
    I did vote in this direction too, but alas ;)
    Both are good games. At least I'm not alone though.
    Congratulations on your platinum.
  • Posted on 05 July 22 at 13:12, Edited on 05 July 22 at 13:13 by AstonMatinDBS
    HelixNebula_x said:
    Wreckfest beating out Driveclub is enough to make me weep.

Although, I guess Driveclub is a hard sell nowadays, as I don't think you can complete the full list trophy wise anymore.
    I would have gone for Driveclub (poor evolution Studios!) but since the servers were closed it doesn't feel the same way! It's a shame, the dynamic weather, car models, and handling were all top-tier. One of the most underrated racers around.
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z638,258
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 13:50
    NowhereManPG said:
    The Last of Us 2 -> List is automatically invalid.
    ah shit here we go again
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.