Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PlayStation Studios unite for abortion rights statement

• Posted on 27 June 22 at 14:00
    Sony's PlayStation Studios have released a joint statement in the face of the US Supreme Court's decision to overturn the Roe vs Wade ruling that constitutionalised the right to abortion.

Please click here to read the full story: PlayStation Studios unite for abortion rights statement
  • zaylzayl250,603
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 14:29
    ugh just make games and stay away from this political jargin....all this is is dividing people and nothing more... in a time where the media preaches "unity" and "inclusion" its a total illusion when there is more division then anything now a days..... this has nothing to do with video games so rather very dissapointed... all this is going to do is start a shit war amongst people rather then finding out the next new video game coming out or new tech etc. which to me thats what gameing is about. i game to escape the pains of reality some times and not to be reminded of the stupidness that is being pushed in the media and the beginging of 2020 has really shown how stupid this world has become.... and i mean no hate towards the writer of the artical here.... more so the stance of these big multi-box corporations...."hey i have billions of dollars do as i command and follow in line but how dare you go against what im preaching or even point out my obvious wrong doings" ..... soo sony takes a stance on abortion yet one of there high up execs is busted for soliciting an under age boy for sex. i dunno this whole world is tiring and exhausting
  • zaylzayl250,603
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 14:31
    and not only this jobs where firing people for not taking the covid vaccines etc yet all these people now want to talk about body autonomy,, where was that when you wanted to say no to the vaccine and your job then fires your? lmao
  • osloff_osloff_53,134
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 14:34
    I don't care
  • Juju_JebusJuju_Jebus27,474
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 14:53
    Yeah, let's ask just sit back and say nothing while people's fundamental freedoms and rights are stripped away by right wing judges against the wishes of the majority of American citizens. You can't bury your head in the sand when it comes to important issues such as this, as much as you may want to. Read the poem 'First They Came...' for some insight into what happens when you don't stand up for other people.
  • KGI_KlikoNLKGI_KlikoNL131,178
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 15:03
    zayl said:
    all this is dividing people and nothing more... in a time where the media preaches "unity" and "inclusion" its a total illusion when there is more division then anything now a days.....
    Luke 12 49-51+: Did I came to bring peace on earth? No I say you, only diversion. And what if the fire is already burning.....
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • Posted on 27 June 22 at 15:45, Edited on 27 June 22 at 15:46 by Milktastrophe
    @zayl reproductive health and spreading a fatal disease to others are two very different things (although I suppose being able to get an abortion and getting a vaccine are both things that can save a life).

If you don't care about this stuff, you don't need to engage with these companies on social media. These messages aren't for you. They're more for people who prefer to spend their money on companies they perceive to be moral as well as prospective employees who would prefer to work at a company that may have their interests in mind.
  • Posted on 27 June 22 at 16:00
    Abortion is murder, period
    Stick to making video games would you kindly
    Giving a 10 years or above ass game as a lineup for a monthly subscription is blasphemous
  • ArcticCressArcticCress864,356
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 16:16
    Good. Maybe Sony will have to make a statement is well given all their individual studios are as well.
  • VigilantCrowVigilantCrow548,586
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 16:56
    Only in the States are companies considered people. Political statements are a joke.
  • StonehewnStonehewn436,411
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 17:57
    It's good to see studios standing up for what's right despite pressure from Sony. I can understand people not wanting games companies to talk about real world issues because they are scared or overwhelmed by the state of things, as commented above if you are upset by these discussions I would advise just staying off Twitter and try to avoid reading articles like this.
  • NaberiosNaberios273,091
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 18:08
    AbyssWatcher85 said:
    Then is denying someone an abortion & that person dying as a result also murder?
    If you're going spout ignorant, fundamentalist rhetoric, then maybe YOU should stick to playing video games and stfu.
  • NaberiosNaberios273,091
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 18:15
    zayl said:
    and not only this jobs where firing people for not taking the covid vaccines etc yet all these people now want to talk about body autonomy,, where was that when you wanted to say no to the vaccine and your job then fires your? lmao
    Not only is this not apples to apples, it's not even an apples to oranges comparison. This like comparing apples to windshield washer fluid.
    Congratulations, I believe you've just combined a group of words together whose end result is significantly more dumb than Vogon poetry.
  • Posted on 27 June 22 at 18:55
    Less federal government power is always good. Leave it to the states to decide.
  • farradonofarradono217,285
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 19:23
    I’m not surprised, a kid yet to be born doesn’t have a wallet, so it’s a very easy target to get some clout, If you’re fine with killing kids, then at the very least don’t ask the taxpayers to pay for your stuff, after that, you’re free to make all the rationalizations you want about it being just a “clump of cells” (unlike you all, right?), and search for whatever medic willing to do that, oversea or not.
  • SupergiantStarrSupergiantStarr1,000,034
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 20:06
    Good. If you're not supporting the human rights of the people who make your games, maybe you should stop spouting hate or begging for things to be "less political". Take a moment and think less about yourself to show some empathy for the actual human beings working to produce what you love.
  • strifekunstrifekun239,340
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 20:08, Edited on 27 June 22 at 20:09 by strifekun
    Respectfully, how many of you posting actually have uteruses?

As a woman who this actually effects, I applaud these companies for recognizing the agony of what this could mean for their female employees. This may be an uncomfortable situation to hear about, but for women (and those who have uteruses), it is now our uncomfortable and painful reality.
  • SupergiantStarrSupergiantStarr1,000,034
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 20:30
    strifekun said:
    Respectfully, how many of you posting actually have uteruses?

As a woman who this actually effects, I applaud these companies for recognizing the agony of what this could mean for their female employees. This may be an uncomfortable situation to hear about, but for women (and those who have uteruses), it is now our uncomfortable and painful reality.
    Perfectly stated.
  • aarnettbraunaarnettbraun531,521
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 21:42
    AbyssWatcher85 said:
    +1
  • zaylzayl250,603
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 22:23
    Naberios said:
    zayl said:
    Not only is this not apples to apples, it's not even an apples to oranges comparison. This like comparing apples to windshield washer fluid.
    Congratulations, I believe you've just combined a group of words together whose end result is significantly more dumb than Vogon poetry.
    Sure i feel its all under the same umbrella... ya can call me crazy lol... but i dont feel this is the analogy your saying... when covid hit there are people who cannot physically take needles period, when they cited bodily autonmy the job workplace didnt care and fired them citing work policy, now some of these same companys are now citing bodily autonomy, its got to go both ways, regardless of your view of pro or negative abortions same witb the vaccine stance... you cant cite bodily autonmy when you never stood by that... only now when its a political shit show.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads