The Debating Chamber

Forum for intelligent debate on possibly controversial topics related to gaming

Poll: Which PlayStation Plus tier have you subscribed to?

• Posted on 26 June 22 at 16:44
    donald047 said:
    Premium for now but that is due to buying the PSNow deal they had going last year or whenever(?) where it was like 20 quid. Will probably drop down to lowest tier once that ends(then go by a month-month like I do with Boomerang Rentals) but until we get a clearer picture of the next couple of months it's hard to cement that.
    Boomerang are good, especially if have PS and Xbox and Nintendo, can rent games until you are done with them, without worry of them coming and taking the disc from you when you are in the middle of it.

A rental option for games would be good. Rent a number of games per month, and can only rent more if return (like refund process) but to prevent people constantly swapping you can not rent same game again for another 1-3 months.
  • DJbruce92DJbruce92392,639
    Posted on 26 June 22 at 17:49
    I luckily was able to stack PS Now before the switch over, Didn't go crazy like some people but I have Premium until 2024.
  • NxtDocNxtDoc589,987
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 03:13
    zayl said:
    My opinion, I prefer to own instead of pay for a service, i can re-sell a game even though it loses value, how do i sell 2 years of ps plus premium? And probably like netflix the service will most likely go up in price 🤷🏻‍♂️ i just cant be bothered with that... i liked it when you paid for internet and then thats that... oh nope now ive got to pay for ps plus to bow access the internet im already paying for, now lets add a gameing service ontop of this... 🤦‍♂️
    I've been saying this for years. But most gamers under 30 will just not understand. As they have been CONDITIONED to it, and think there is no other way.

Much like how, most of the games sold at $60.00 made mosy of these companies BILLION dollar businesses, yet some they need the predatory micro-transactions, and JUST COSMETIC skins. THAT WE USED TO GET FOR DOING SOME DIFFICULT IN GAME.

Many of you, just don't get it.
    Xbox has either brought in, or supported several bad trends in gaming. Paid online, paid skins, and Micro-transactions, and games as a service
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,069,830
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 08:01
    Premium until june 24. I was subscribed to ps now until Feb 23, but had plus till June 24. When it all changed on the 23rd, my subs page now says premium until June 24 then a payment of £99.98. Lookking at some of the games on offer, the days of actually buying discs is getting smaller by the second. There's some really good stuff available!clap
  • Posted on 27 June 22 at 12:35
    I'm not subscribing to any as a new PlayStation owner I'm shocked at their is no trails or deals for these subscription passes for new players.
  • zaylzayl250,412
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 22:41
    NxtDoc said:
    zayl said:
    My opinion, I prefer to own instead of pay for a service, i can re-sell a game even though it loses value, how do i sell 2 years of ps plus premium? And probably like netflix the service will most likely go up in price 🤷🏻‍♂️ i just cant be bothered with that... i liked it when you paid for internet and then thats that... oh nope now ive got to pay for ps plus to bow access the internet im already paying for, now lets add a gameing service ontop of this... 🤦‍♂️
    I've been saying this for years. But most gamers under 30 will just not understand. As they have been CONDITIONED to it, and think there is no other way.

Much like how, most of the games sold at $60.00 made mosy of these companies BILLION dollar businesses, yet some they need the predatory micro-transactions, and JUST COSMETIC skins. THAT WE USED TO GET FOR DOING SOME DIFFICULT IN GAME.

Many of you, just don't get it.
    Great minds think alike lol.... this guy at my work keeps telling me how game pass is the best thing and how he gets all of these free games... nothing is free, your payong for a service, so when your done with xbox you cant sell much, and as youve stated gaming for a service is just simply bad... you own a house you can sell house... you rent an apartment, landlord makes money and you just leave when your done... this is how i see gameing for a service, you use to be able to sell, now ya cant and the guy above is still making the big money.... its funny i take it your from the era i am.... when ipods came out i was one of the last kids to pick one up citing that bands dont make money when ya download music, they make there money when ya buy there cd or actually go to their venue, now we have spotif etc making music for a service and i hear bands still dont make a whole lot from spotify... i dunno just rambling now lol we live in a clown world for sure
  • NxtDocNxtDoc589,987
    Posted on 28 June 22 at 21:19
    Well said! I like the apartment analogy! And yes, it does sound like we are from the same gaming era. For me have been playing games for over 30 years now haha. That includes being a child.
    Xbox has either brought in, or supported several bad trends in gaming. Paid online, paid skins, and Micro-transactions, and games as a service
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads