Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Last of Us Part 1 to double file size in PS4 to PS5 leap

• Posted on 24 June 22 at 10:44
    PlayStation Studio game The Last of Us Part 1 has just had its file size revealed, the PS5 version of the iconic PS3 action-adventure game that is created by Naughty Dog will be taking up a lot of space on your PlayStation.

Please click here to read the full story: The Last of Us Part 1 to double file size in PS4 to PS5 leap
  • TheMikeSCTheMikeSC456,031
    Posted on 24 June 22 at 11:26
    I'm glad PS5's have such robust storage capacity with such easy-to-update capacity to get more storage.
  • Posted on 24 June 22 at 16:26
    TheMikeSC said:
    I'm glad PS5's have such robust storage capacity with such easy-to-update capacity to get more storage.
    It's a shame the initial internal harddrive isn't all that great for space considering some games sizes. Gotta finally dish myself out on a bigger external.
  • ArrogantKhanArrogantKhan532,307
    Posted on 26 June 22 at 11:50, Edited on 26 June 22 at 11:51 by ArrogantKhan
    Storage on PS5 is horrible. Any exeternal SSD coming out?
  • CoreyST66CoreyST66627,711
    Posted on 26 June 22 at 15:37
    CMDR-Z said:
    ArrogantKhan said:
    Storage on PS5 is horrible. Any exeternal SSD coming out?
    they've got the licensed seagates at 2tb and 4th but that's about it for now as far as i'm aware

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-2TB-Game-Drive-PlayStation/...
    With respect to PS5 games, these are just for storage. You can't actually play a game from them, you have to transfer it over to the internal drive. If you want to actually play a PS5 game from another drive, you have to get an internal one; as there is an additional internal M.2 slot for use with officially approved drives.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads