Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PS Plus has hit the US — here's the full Extra and Premium game lists

• SolaceCreedSolaceCreed703,101
    Posted on 14 June 22 at 17:08
    Jet-Klaatu said:
    "PS Plus demolishes Game Pass" No Day One of release games to play, so I don't think so. The Sony exec confirmed that, and I hope he changes his mind but time will tell. Either way, Game Pass is still worth it for those who have it to play the games on day one they are launched with their friends such as myself.
    I don't. I agree with Sony that Microsofts 1st party games have been of a worse standard since Fame Pass has become a thing.
    Congratulations on your platinum.
    Posted on 14 June 22 at 17:10
    ColdDog said:
    Jet-Klaatu said:
    "PS Plus demolishes Game Pass" No Day One of release games to play, so I don't think so.
    COtriNOx said:
    Who needs buggy day one releases? I stopped playing day one games a long time ago.
    To add fuel to this particular fire, this article came out today, talking about possible business instability of day one game passes. Sony’s contentious day one PS Plus stance backed by GTA publisher CEO

I mean, certainly great to jump on Game Pass now while the going's good, but will it still be affordable in five years at this rate, or even the same price next year? It would need to pull in some serious numbers to make it make sense. Or so says Take-Two's CEO.

Annnyyywaayyyy, just thought that was an interesting angle to throw in here :)
    For once, I agree with Take2. Xboxes standards with 1st party games haven't been great since they've started being added to GP straight away.
  • LeigrezLeigrez1,716,591
    Posted on 14 June 22 at 19:56, Edited on 14 June 22 at 21:48 by Leigrez
    AbyssWatcher85 said:
    There's no PS3 version of demon's souls
    Look in the premium tier. It's there. The extra tier is the PS5 version.

Duderonomy420 said:
    I like it, was planning on sticking with Premium and this list reinforces that. All of the Ratchet and Clank games is massive, I have so many of the PS3 ones to still play.
    Just a heads up, all those PS3 titles stream, and unless Sony improves their latency with streaming, it will be annoying when playing those games. I've done a ton of games off of now PS3, and the frustration really kicks in that there's a delay on almost everything.

DesiShinobi said:
    Where is Dino Crisis and the PSX Resident Evil games?
    Gone, just like the Yakuza's and a bunch more. Check the list here … All 200+ PS Now games leaving the service

Also is it just me or does it seem like the packages are reversed from what they should be. the extra should be the ps3, & psp and the premium should have those ps5/ps4 games along with the newly released PS One Classics?! I dunno, seems weird that you get newer games for a cheaper price point and the older games are only streamable at a higher price point.

Lastly, to all those people who think a day 1 release means a worst product... Forza Horizon 5, Flight Simulator, and Halo Infinite. All incredibly amazing, all available day 1 on Game Pass, All games I've played day one on Game Pass and didnt have too many issues. Most of which were fixed the 2nd or third week of release.

We should also hold gaming companies to a higher standard of releases. If the turn off from a Day 1 release is because the game's are unplayable, because we accept that they are buggy messes Day 1. Then we should look at our standards. If people won't buy the game Day 1, then why not put them on PS PLUS Premium to get more subscribers and to sell more microtransactions that almost every game has nowadays.

I dunno, I just think that's a scapegoat for charging a bunch more for older games, that are normally around 20$ at that point anyways and I'm surely not gonna play all of em, just the ones that interest me. Those three titles on Gamepass, paid for my yearly gamepass subscription and some, plus I got to play R6 Extraction that I didn't have any issues with Day 1, and finished it a couple weeks later. Food for thought?
    There are three kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.
  • Posted on 15 June 22 at 03:25
    I can't find Deadly Premonition on PS Plus, but it should be there according to this list. Anyone else seeing this same problem? I was just updating my list of games I need to play and that would definitely be on it...hopefully there aren't any other games that appear here but not on the actual service.
  • Posted on 15 June 22 at 12:01
    Duderonomy420 said:
    I can't find Deadly Premonition on PS Plus, but it should be there according to this list. Anyone else seeing this same problem? I was just updating my list of games I need to play and that would definitely be on it...hopefully there aren't any other games that appear here but not on the actual service.
    The original list that Sony published was a translated list from the Japan region. Deadly Premonition isn't part of the US release list and was removed as such. Sony are still pruning the list, but some Japan only titles still remain.
  • Posted on 15 June 22 at 12:35
    Gotcha, thank you for the clarification, Shadow_Kisuragi
  • evolsoulxevolsoulx16,927
    Posted on 15 June 22 at 13:12
    Duderonomy420 said:
    I like it, was planning on sticking with Premium and this list reinforces that. All of the Ratchet and Clank games is massive, I have so many of the PS3 ones to still play.
    Just wish it had the PS5 one :(
  • COtriNOxCOtriNOx67,121
    Posted on 16 June 22 at 22:56
    Leigrez said:
    If the turn off from a Day 1 release is because the game's are unplayable, because we accept that they are buggy messes Day 1. Then we should look at our standards. If people won't buy the game Day 1, then why not put them on PS PLUS Premium to get more subscribers and to sell more microtransactions that almost every game has nowadays.
    Sony's games really are the exception. Highly polished and without microtransactions. I like Sony's games for what they are.
  • LeigrezLeigrez1,716,591
    Posted on 26 June 22 at 23:41, Edited on 26 June 22 at 23:42 by Leigrez
    COtriNOx said:
    Sony's games really are the exception. Highly polished and without microtransactions. I like Sony's games for what they are.
    Umm Days Gone was pretty buggy at the start. Also let’s talk about “without microtransactions.” Gran Turismo Sport anyone? There’s a crap ton of cars for purchase there. 90% of their titles don’t even have an MP mode, so it’s easier to not have them. But like I said, I played Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite all day 1 and they were spectacular! So there isn’t a lack of quality by releasing them Day 1 on gamepass and there shouldn’t be for PS plus. Even if it’s a 3 month window, thats still enough to get people invested in the service and to try and swing people over to it. Re-releasing games like Syphon Filter and promoting it as a new release on the platform is a joke.

My comment that you quoted is also more about the fact that it seems like there are no companies releasing Day 1 games on PS Plus Premium, Take Two is siding with Sony about this, so that’s my gripe. Don’t release a game if it’s unplayable, take the time to do it right, you will make the money back if it’s not rushed.

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree that the games are polished and for the most part very good. I just don’t see why anyone would really want the higher tiers of ps plus if there isn’t a huge draw. We didn’t get a single new game released on there when it flipped over and we lost access to hundreds of other titles. The last day 1 release was Shadow Warrior 3 and thats leaving in a couple weeks. (Hmmm I guess I should get on that lol)
    There are three kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.
    Posted on 26 June 22 at 23:46
    Leigrez said:
    COtriNOx said:
    Umm Days Gone was pretty buggy at the start. Also let’s talk about “without microtransactions.” Gran Turismo Sport anyone? There’s a crap ton of cars for purchase there. 90% of their titles don’t even have an MP mode, so it’s easier to not have them. But like I said, I played Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite all day 1 and they were spectacular! So there isn’t a lack of quality by releasing them Day 1 on gamepass and there shouldn’t be for PS plus. Even if it’s a 3 month window, thats still enough to get people invested in the service and to try and swing people over to it. Re-releasing games like Syphon Filter and promoting it as a new release on the platform is a joke.

My comment that you quoted is also more about the fact that it seems like there are no companies releasing Day 1 games on PS Plus Premium, Take Two is siding with Sony about this, so that’s my gripe. Don’t release a game if it’s unplayable, take the time to do it right, you will make the money back if it’s not rushed.

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree that the games are polished and for the most part very good. I just don’t see why anyone would really want the higher tiers of ps plus if there isn’t a huge draw. We didn’t get a single new game released on there when it flipped over and we lost access to hundreds of other titles. The last day 1 release was Shadow Warrior 3 and thats leaving in a couple weeks. (Hmmm I guess I should get on that lol)
    Both companies have buggy releases, every company has at least three or four every generation.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads