Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Horizon Forbidden West review

• Posted on 14 February 22 at 10:28
    Horizon Forbidden West marks a return to the post-post-apocalypse open world, Aloy, and deadly terraforming machines. Can this hotly anticipated PlayStation game hit the bullseye? Kes roams the plains to find out.

Please click here to read the full story: Horizon Forbidden West review
  • GreenMekonGreenMekon735,467
    Posted on 14 February 22 at 11:08
    👍
  • Posted on 14 February 22 at 16:30, Edited on 14 February 22 at 16:31 by Beanpottter
    wanging your spear around like a hosepipe
    laugh

Really looking forward to this (the game, not the hosepipe bit!).
  • BrutalGuitarBrutalGuitar1,220,289
    Posted on 14 February 22 at 17:11
    I’m really looking forward to this. I’m going to order it on PS4 so I can get both PS4 & PS5 versions. Plus it’s $10 cheaper that way. I will probably play the PS5 version first.
  • Posted on 14 February 22 at 18:43
    Thanks for such a depthy review. It sounds magnificent.
  • Posted on 15 February 22 at 09:30
    Great review and a great looking game. Guerrilla sure have come a long way from the original Killzone (which I just finished.)

But I can't help but wonder how long it takes Aloy to do her hair every morning. headspin
  • Posted on 15 February 22 at 10:02
    SilentJay76_ said:
    Great review and a great looking game. Guerrilla sure have come a long way from the original Killzone (which I just finished.)

But I can't help but wonder how long it takes Aloy to do her hair every morning. headspin
    How was Killzone? Did it still hold up?
  • boldfox85boldfox85528,073
    Posted on 15 February 22 at 10:24
    So was that odd looking screenshot of her face that got shown off a while ago just an error, or dodgy lighting or something?

In all the video reviews and screenshots I've seen, she looks just like she did in the first game.
    GT: boldfoxrd
  • Posted on 15 February 22 at 10:37
    [the volume of bugs . . . . pop-in galore and black screens in the middle of playing . . . . .had to restart quests because something didn't trigger . . . invisible cities . . . crash after crash.. . . . restarts and momentary jolts a few times an hour.. . . .terrifying SSD crash]

9/10

I dread to think how it might perform on ps4.

Cyberpunk 2077 revisited?
  • Posted on 15 February 22 at 10:56, Edited on 15 February 22 at 10:56 by AstonMatinDBS
    ThisIsCetiAlphaV said:
    Cyberpunk 2077 revisited?
    I have doubts it will be that bad. When we tested the opening level on PS4 it was fine. On PS5, the issues were there but never outright broke by halting my progress. It just looked iffy very occasionally and I had one soft crash since the most recent patch. The hard SSD crash was pre-patch and I can't definitively say it was Horizon, it is just the only reason I can think of with my small technical brain.
  • Posted on 15 February 22 at 11:31
    AstonMatinDBS said:
    SilentJay76_ said:

How was Killzone? Did it still hold up?
    Well, I enjoyed it enough to play through to the end. But the controls have not aged well. At all. Does make you appreciate how far we've come since then, though. I was also a bit disappointed by the lack of effort put into the HD-version (PS3.)

On the plus side, I streamed it on PS Now and it was flawless (via Ethernet connection.)
  • Posted on 15 February 22 at 11:35
    SilentJay76_ said:
    On the plus side, I streamed it on PS Now and it was flawless (via Ethernet connection.)
    Awesome, I've been meaning to go back and mop them up alongside the Resistance games. Find out just how good Sony was at FPS games, haha. Glad to hear Now is in working order, too!
  • Posted on 15 February 22 at 12:55
    AstonMatinDBS said:
    SilentJay76_ said:
    Awesome, I've been meaning to go back and mop them up alongside the Resistance games. Find out just how good Sony was at FPS games, haha. Glad to hear Now is in working order, too!
    I've tried cloud gaming on PS, Xbox and Stadia. In my experience, if there are problems, it's probably your Wifi. When plugged in I usually forget that I'm even streaming. I was very sceptical at first. But it's impressive stuff.
  • GreenMekonGreenMekon735,467
    Posted on 18 February 22 at 09:17
    Great review and really looking forward to playing it, special edition should be arriving soon ☺
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE232,527
    Posted on 18 February 22 at 10:01
    Everything to unlock to unlock the Flying Mount. I expected nothing less. Great review. wave Worth the full 65-70 bucks though? Nope, not really.
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • TheMikeSCTheMikeSC378,730
    Posted on 19 February 22 at 22:15
    Love it so far...but a surprising amount of platforming early on.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.