Playstation Help

Do you have a problem with your Playstation devices? Post it in here, and someone might be able to help you. Also always make sure to check your regional Playstation website, such as us.playstation.com

Being offline and Trophies

• BarsoomianBarsoomian329,306
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 23:37
    My router has died and my consoles are temporarily without internet for the first time in a very long time. Anything I should know about Trophies gained while offline? If I get a Trophy today offline then get online tomorrow and sync, will it be time stamped and if so to which day? Will my account be flagged for potential cheating?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 September 14 at 15:21
    Barsoomian said:
    My router has died and my consoles are temporarily without internet for the first time in a very long time. Anything I should know about Trophies gained while offline? If I get a Trophy today offline then get online tomorrow and sync, will it be time stamped and if so to which day? Will my account be flagged for potential cheating?
    Even if you don't have timestamps on some, you don't get flagged for cheating on those unless those are trophies that are impossible to get offline.

PSN is good about timestamps though. I'm not 100% sure how they work and when they don't display timestamps, but I've gotten plenty of timestamps offline.
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
  • Posted on 12 October 14 at 07:36
    PSN still keeps a timestamp on the Trophy even if it doesn't sync to the servers at that time. If you are really worried, you can always just use your mobile phone as a hotspot if you have that option.

Otherwise I wouldn't really worry about it. I got all of SportsFriends over two days while PSN was having issues. When I finally synced them they seemed to spread out just fine over the two days.
  • ARandomAntARandomAnt53,601
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 07:33
    The internal clock on the PS3 should register a timestamp for you so long as you have been connected to PSN with your account previously.

I had to remove my HDD while I had no internet a month ago and re-insert it. Carried on playing and all my Dead Space trophies have time stamps still and I was completly offline. Aside from one site not registering timestamps, the ps3, psn and here have registered the stamps so you should be fine
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 October 14 at 21:30
    I love Sony for this. Couple of times on my 360 when I apparently got a single offline achievement because suddenly just before getting it my Xbox couldn't connect to the MS servers anymore. Couple of days ago my internet was gone all day because of an overactive road worker, and Sony just adds the timestamps.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 15 October 14 at 23:13, Edited on 15 October 14 at 23:14 by TheTimeHasCome6
    all offline trophies have time stamps aslong as your on a psn account. not a user without a psn acocunt assigned to it. so you are safe my friend.
    Trophies,Sports,pepsi+kicking ass online right here.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads