GTTSC 2021 Discussion

• inatimate1inatimate1679,964
    Posted on 15 November 21 at 14:53, Edited on 15 November 21 at 14:53 by inatimate1
    Nothing much to say, I just wanted the discussion thread to appear on 'my threads' page laugh

Hope everyone else has had a fun intro week in to this year's contest dance
  • Posted on 15 November 21 at 15:32
    inatimate1 said:
    Nothing much to say, I just wanted the discussion thread to appear on 'my threads' page laugh

Hope everyone else has had a fun intro week in to this year's contest dance
    If you hit the Thread drop down in the top right, you can then do Add to my threads :)
    I'm Commander Shephard and this is my favourite trophy website on the internet!
  • DrEvilGuapoDrEvilGuapo1,230,106
    Posted on 15 November 21 at 16:12
    The bonuses for earning 20 Role-Playing trophies for each team member in week one don't seem to be appearing in the 'Bonuses Won' section on the team page. Does this just take a while to propagate after the end of period 1?
  • BeanUppercutBeanUppercut257,624
    Posted on 15 November 21 at 16:20
    DrEvilGuapo said:
    The bonuses for earning 20 Role-Playing trophies for each team member in week one don't seem to be appearing in the 'Bonuses Won' section on the team page. Does this just take a while to propagate after the end of period 1?
    Last year it took a couple of hours....be patient, it's not time to spend those bonuses yet! :)
  • Posted on 15 November 21 at 17:06
    DrEvilGuapo said:
    The process is manual and therefore it can take a few hours for them to be verified and applied. A message is sent out to each user once this stage is complete.
  • Posted on 16 November 21 at 01:37
    Just checking it’s only 2000XP not TT dif for the individual bonus right
  • Posted on 16 November 21 at 08:12
    AffectatiousDonk said:
    Just checking it’s only 2000XP not TT dif for the individual bonus right
    Correct
  • gazdavis11gazdavis11530,465
    Posted on 20 November 21 at 10:32
    Is there a little issue with updating the scores this morning. I knew last night I was on 392 points however this morning updated as I’d won 5 trophies this morning. They appear as me earning them however my score hasn’t increased to reflect this. I calculate I should’ve jumped to 458
  • StuTheChiefStuTheChief6,356,331
    Posted on 20 November 21 at 11:59
    gazdavis11 said:
    Is there a little issue with updating the scores this morning. I knew last night I was on 392 points however this morning updated as I’d won 5 trophies this morning. They appear as me earning them however my score hasn’t increased to reflect this. I calculate I should’ve jumped to 458
    Yeah I just tested here with a quick plat. Should have got 8 points but didn't
  • Posted on 20 November 21 at 16:42
    We have notified the devs on this, but as it is the weekend, they may not see it until Monday. Thanks for posting
  • DrEvilGuapoDrEvilGuapo1,230,106
    Posted on 20 November 21 at 17:03
    BeardedScot86 said:
    We have notified the devs on this, but as it is the weekend, they may not see it until Monday. Thanks for posting
    If you look in the individual or team summary, you can see your total number of trophies. Mine, for instance, is my total from 10 hours ago --- so, ostensibly, the scores haven't updated since around midnight Pacific or Mountain time last night.

I think the most important thing is that the scores are live before the 8-hour prior to period end cutoff for bonus use.
  • Posted on 20 November 21 at 21:56
    Scores have started updating again. Hopefully back on track smile
  • Netguy503Netguy5031,811,923
    Posted on 22 November 21 at 18:45, Edited on 22 November 21 at 18:47 by Netguy503
    I have a question. How do I look up the entire genre of games listed on the site (I know how to see my games by genre but not the ones i don't own that fall in to that category on the whole site).

In particular I'm looking for the shooter category to inspire my team on what games to play this week so Team Netguy503 can get their bonus. And how the hell isnt the GTA trilogy or a game like Dead Space and Borderlands considered a shooter is beyond me. lol
  • Posted on 22 November 21 at 18:59
    Netguy503 said:
    I have a question. How do I look up the entire genre of games listed on the site (I know how to see my games by genre but not the ones i don't own that fall in to that category on the whole site).

In particular I'm looking for the shooter category to inspire my team on what games to play this week so Team Netguy503 can get their bonus. And how the hell isnt the GTA trilogy or a game like Dead Space and Borderlands considered a shooter is beyond me. lol
    Go to Full Games List (Found under Gaming > PlayStation Games at the top of the site). You can filter this.

Note it is "Shoot 'em up" not "Shooter". If you do 20 Shooter trophies, you will not receive the bonus.
  • BFGeordie_9BFGeordie_9141,573
    Posted on 22 November 21 at 20:03, Edited on 22 November 21 at 20:07 by BFGeordie_9
    I wish it was "Shooter" trophies and not "shoot-em-up" as I have loads of games in the former category but it seems Dead Nation is the only game I own in the latter one. Didn't really get on with that one so I'll have to give the bonus a miss this week as I have done so far with the team one unfortunately. Luckily I still have all my single player entry bonuses won/awarded available to use so should stay in that one for a while yet ☺️
    Posted on 22 November 21 at 22:51, Edited on 22 November 21 at 22:54 by Netguy503
    There are a ton of 1 minute 99 cent breakthrough gaming games that qualify for the bonus this week with glitches that make the game a cake walk. So you either REALLY don't want bonus XP this week to save for a future harder round that is basically FREE or you are a "true noble trophy hunter" who doesn't want that stuff on their trophy list for some reason.

They are basically giving you the extra team xp this week without any investment both time and money on your part. Any of the teams would be a fool to pass this up.

Do you hear that Team Netguy503? Don't be fools. :)
  • Posted on 22 November 21 at 22:54
    Netguy503 said:
    There are a ton of 1 minute 99 cent breakthrough gaming games that qualify for the bonus this week with glitches that make the game a cake walk. So you either REALLY don't want bonus XP this week that is basically FREE or you are a "true noble trophy hunter" who doesn't want that stuff on their trophy list for some reason.

They are basically giving you the extra team xp this week without any investment both time and money on your part. Any of the teams would be a fool to pass this up.

Do you hear that Team Netguy503?
    I picked up Grood in the sale. Started off tough, but hoping I can get to grips with it
    Posted on 22 November 21 at 23:12
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Netguy503 said:
    There are a ton of 1 minute 99 cent breakthrough gaming games that qualify for the bonus this week with glitches that make the game a cake walk. So you either REALLY don't want bonus XP this week that is basically FREE or you are a "true noble trophy hunter" who doesn't want that stuff on their trophy list for some reason.

I picked up Grood in the sale. Started off tough, but hoping I can get to grips with it
    What is Grood?

But yes, there is also an indie ( i.e. easy plat) sale with alot in the shoot em up category. You are basically giving this XP away to everyone for turkey week. :)
  • Posted on 22 November 21 at 23:17
    Netguy503 said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Netguy503 said:

What is Grood?

But yes, there is also an indie ( i.e. easy plat) sale with alot in the shoot em up category. You are basically giving this XP away to everyone for turkey week. :)
    Grood cost me 79p (basically $1 if converted to US). It is a shoot 'em up with metal music where you go through stage after stage with lots of stuff flying towards you and it is very easy to die in. You get a level continue option after completing 3 levels, so you see the first 3 levels for a while until you get the hang of it. Each stage gets a little harder, but gives a weapon upgrade. It is fun enough for the price, but probably not an easy completion unless you are well versed in shoot 'em ups.

No thought was given to it being turkey week when planning this out laugh
    Posted on 22 November 21 at 23:21
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Netguy503 said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Netguy503 said:

What is Grood?

Grood cost me 79p (basically $1 if converted to US). It is a shoot 'em up with metal music where you go through stage after stage with lots of stuff flying towards you and it is very easy to die in. You get a level continue option after completing 3 levels, so you see the first 3 levels for a while until you get the hang of it. Each stage gets a little harder, but gives a weapon upgrade. It is fun enough for the price, but probably not an easy completion unless you are well versed in shoot 'em ups.

No thought was given to it being turkey week when planning this out laugh
    I did bullet beat and it is impossible to die in casual mode. Was only a 20 min plat. Now waiting for my other two members to complete their challenge or we all lose together.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads