Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Creating PS5 game Pragmata a "necessary measure" for Capcom

  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 11:52
    Capcom published action-adventure Pragmata was at the PS5 reveal event. We now have a development update from Capcom's financial report, as well as an indication of the importance of the game.

    Please click here to read the full story: Creating PS5 game Pragmata a "necessary measure" for Capcom
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,818
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 12:13
    Capcom not prepared for something? Surely not?
    Congratulations on your platinum.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 12:32
    SolaceCreed said:
    Capcom not prepared for something? Surely not?
    Shhh. It's a secret.
  • distortiionsdistortiions292,772
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 12:52
    In a way this is good, a lot of Capcom's old talent is leaving or has already left. Pretty sure Itsuno (DMC) is the last one left, and even he's expressed interest in only doing a Dragon's Dogma 2 with DMC being passed onto a successor, assuming he has found one by now. I just hope they get the right 'type' of new blood who respect Capcom's legacy and philosophies, rather than try to throw it all out.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor165,673
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 16:39, Edited on 02 November 21 at 13:17 by saturnsailor
    Giving college graduates with fresh young optimistic minds the opportunity to get some top class experience, instead of looking for the usual stale "at least 30 years", is very refreshing to see. They're uncontaminated by routine, good things should come out of this.

    "utilize our dormant IPs" - does that indicate a willingness to remaster some PS2 titles and thus to save them from certain annihilation by abandonment?
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,818
    Posted on 01 November 21 at 19:50
    saturnsailor said:
    Giving college graduates with fresh young optimistic minds the opportunity to get some top class experience, instead of looking for the usual stale "at least 30 years", is very refreshing to see. They're uncontaminated by routine, good things should come out of this, unless they hire a bucbn

    "utilize our dormant IPs" - does that indicate a willingness to remaster some PS2 titles and thus to save them from certain annihilation by abandonment?
    Stop their mediocre BS MP games would be good too. Capcom are brilliant with SP games, with the exception of Street Fighter, they should stay away from MP for a long time.
    Congratulations on your platinum.
  • Posted on 01 November 21 at 20:16
    saturnsailor said:
    "utilize our dormant IPs" - does that indicate a willingness to remaster some PS2 titles and thus to save them from certain annihilation by abandonment?
    I love that read, I just have no idea what they would be pulling back. Lost Planet? Ghost n Goblins? Final Fight? I mean they have so many IP I could see working.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor165,673
    Posted on 02 November 21 at 13:57
    SolaceCreed said:
    Stop their mediocre BS MP games would be good too. Capcom are brilliant with SP games, with the exception of Street Fighter, they should stay away from MP for a long time.
    I don't know if Capcom is known for MP and that part may well be left alone, but as you said their SP games deserve to be preserved.

    AstonMatinDBS said:
    saturnsailor said:
    "utilize our dormant IPs" - does that indicate a willingness to remaster some PS2 titles and thus to save them from certain annihilation by abandonment?
    I love that read, I just have no idea what they would be pulling back. Lost Planet? Ghost n Goblins? Final Fight? I mean they have so many IP I could see working.
    Yes and there's no need to be particularly selective. I am not a Capcom or Resident Evil follower but I supported their RE2 and 3 remakes because I liked the direction they were taking. I think they got the general idea (they did the Mega Man collections too) and don't require an additional push. One title I'd like to see revived above all is: "Shadow of Rome".

    To Capcom: revive "Shadow of Rome" pretty please with Swiss chocolate on top. Put this young talent to work on saving a classic which will help them develop a healthy respect for the accomplishments of their predecessors.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads