TrueTrophies Polls

Forum for our TrueTrophies Polls

Remasters and Remakes

• PostmortimusPostmortimus247,531
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 01:10
    PureVapour420 said:
    I voted for Depends on the game... Stuff like The Last Of Us is well worthy of re-make and is great for people who didn`t ever own a PS3 console! But games like Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs I thought were not so worthy to be honest, even tho they are very good games...
    The Last Of Us for PS4 isn't a re-make. It's a slighly prettier version with the dlc added just like PS4 versions of Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs. All 3 are great for people that haven't played those games on the previous consoles. Not so much for people that have already played the original versions. That is unless someone got rid of their PS3 and want to go back and play them again.

Personally I prefer upgraded and bundled versions of older games (PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, etcetera). But that's just me.
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,979,551
    Posted on 31 August 14 at 05:50
    Like most others, I chose "Depends on the game".

I understand the points about TLOU, however, I have a colleague who bought a PS4 just for that game. No way would he have bought a PS3 just to play it.

Personally, I'm looking forward to playing Sleeping Dogs again. Yes, I could just play the PS3 version again, but why not play a much more visually appealing version?

No one is forcing people to buy these games, they're an option for those that didn't buy a PS3/360 and they get to enjoy some of the same games of those that did.
  • A_KlR_AA_KlR_A553,102
    Posted on 01 September 14 at 22:42
    "Depends on the game". And i mean, that i wouldnt buy Tomb Raider for second time, beacuse its nice game but not worth buying, and not for THAT price. But! I have bought second time The Last of Us. Why? Beacuse it GREAT game! And i love it!
    And i think there some games which i could buy beacuse a) i didnt play, or i didnt end them beacuse of selling PS4/XBOX360 and buing PS4 (i want to play Beyond Two Souls!!) b) there are some great games which i love, like Beyond good and Evil, Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX, Meatal Gear Solid 1-4, Mass Effect 1-3, Fallout 1-2 :) (however i dont think that last games will be ever on next gen :() etc.
    So yeah it DEPENDS on the GAME.
  • eektoreektor82,043
    Posted on 02 September 14 at 17:05
    "No preference". Really, I don't mind them at all. The Last of Us is a great game. I played it on the PS3. I think its great it's coming out for PS4. That would give many people a chance to play it that haven't. Would I buy it because I thought it was a great game? No, I already played it and I'm not buying it again.

Now, I hear Beyond Two Souls is coming out to PS 4. I didn't get a chance to play it on the PS 3, so if I'm not playing something else and I had time to play another game, I might buy it and play it.

To be honest I don't understand why people are complaining about these remasters and remakes. They aren't forcing you to buy them again. Buy them if you want, if not then let others buy them that want to.

Heh, now that I write this I think the better option I should have picked is the more the merrier.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 September 14 at 19:27
    eektor said:
    To be honest I don't understand why people are complaining about these remasters and remakes. They aren't forcing you to buy them again. Buy them if you want, if not then let others buy them that want to.
    Well, problem is that those people who are working on remakes/remastereds/whatevers can't be working on new games. Rockstar is doing this for GTA V - all manpower spent on that can't be spent on GTA VI or whatever awesome title is on their to-do list.

Note that I say this while actually enjoying some of these games - I already played two games on the PS4 that I had already played on the 360, just to enjoy the stories all over again with better graphics, and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to play The Last Of Us (I never had a PS3 so this was my first chance). Just saying, I understand where the negative views are coming from.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 27 September 14 at 23:00
    BillyHorrible said:
    eektor said:
    Well, problem is that those people who are working on remakes/remastereds/whatevers can't be working on new games. Rockstar is doing this for GTA V - all manpower spent on that can't be spent on GTA VI or whatever awesome title is on their to-do list.
    Two words: Online Heists.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 September 14 at 23:15
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    BillyHorrible said:
    eektor said:
    Two words: Online Heists.
    Yup, they could have been spending time on that too.

Given the choice I would prefer GTA VI, Red Dead Revenge or a whole new IP though.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • SiphionJSiphionJ131,873
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 02:20
    Do you know what I would love to see? A Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicles Remaster!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 November 14 at 10:14
    BillyHorrible said:I voted "depends on the game" - my opinion is not exactly "the more the merrier", but I never had a PS3 so I do feel joy with being able to play some exclusive classics, like The Last Of Us. I loved that game now and I'm very glad it got Remastered.BillyHorrible said:eektor said:To be honest I don't understand why people are complaining about these remasters and remakes. They aren't forcing you to buy them again. Buy them if you want, if not then let others buy them that want to.Well, problem is that those people who are working on remakes/remastereds/whatevers can't be working on new games. Rockstar is doing this for GTA V - all manpower spent on that can't be spent on GTA VI or whatever awesome title is on their to-do list.

Note that I say this while actually enjoying some of these games - I already played two games on the PS4 that I had already played on the 360, just to enjoy the stories all over again with better graphics, and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to play The Last Of Us (I never had a PS3 so this was my first chance). Just saying, I understand where the negative views are coming from.
    I now have played some more last generation remastereds so I'm changing my viewpoint a little bit.

Sleeping Dogs - very disappointing, hardly changed anything, even the graphics seem the same. They should have just spent all that time and money on the sequel.

Walking Dead S1/S2 - starting this now, mainly because I want S3 on the PS4 instead of the X360 with my own choices and there was a sale.

GTA V - Loving it, this is how remastereds should be done. Much better graphics and a whole new first person view.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads