Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PlayStation Now games for October include The Last of Us: Part II — report

• Posted on 04 October 21 at 09:36
    The October PlayStation Now additions appear to have been leaked after the “Recently Added” tab was updated prematurely. If correct, this would mean Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, The Last of Us: Part II and Fallout 76 are coming.

Please click here to read the full story: PlayStation Now games for October include The Last of Us: Part II — report
  • yannyb83yannyb83344,922
    Posted on 04 October 21 at 12:47
    A lot better than PS Plus, that's for certain! If this is true at least this month on PS subscriptions isn't a total bust
  • Posted on 04 October 21 at 12:58
    I just started PS Now this month and have been pleasantly surprised. I'm using an ethernet cable, not WiFi, and have decent (not top of the line) internet. I've downloaded and played a bit of Loco Roco with no issues and had very minimal issues when playing a bit of Red Dead Redemption and GoW: Ghost of Sparta via streaming. I had the occasional 1 second or less frame rate drop/hiccup but it happened so infrequently that I was never dreading/waiting for the next one. Only 20 mins of RDR but my entire 6+ hour playthrough of Ghost of Sparta was streaming and I'd say it was 90-95% as good as having it on disc; maybe 10 total instances of a short stutter.

I actually DO have Ghost of Sparta on disc, but my PS3 is out for repair, which is why I started PS Now. I'm anxious to play the disc and compare the two versions a little more.
  • Posted on 05 October 21 at 09:48
    Duderonomy420 said:
    I just started PS Now this month and have been pleasantly surprised. I'm using an ethernet cable, not WiFi, and have decent (not top of the line) internet. I've downloaded and played a bit of Loco Roco with no issues and had very minimal issues when playing a bit of Red Dead Redemption and GoW: Ghost of Sparta via streaming. I had the occasional 1 second or less frame rate drop/hiccup but it happened so infrequently that I was never dreading/waiting for the next one. Only 20 mins of RDR but my entire 6+ hour playthrough of Ghost of Sparta was streaming and I'd say it was 90-95% as good as having it on disc; maybe 10 total instances of a short stutter.

I actually DO have Ghost of Sparta on disc, but my PS3 is out for repair, which is why I started PS Now. I'm anxious to play the disc and compare the two versions a little more.
    No doubt my internet is causing the issue. Glad to hear that it works for most though. I know they've been upgrading behind the scenes, so glad to hear it is working!
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor165,677
    Posted on 05 October 21 at 13:29, Edited on 05 October 21 at 20:43 by saturnsailor
    I think PS Now is better than the GamePass. I haven't had any issues with any PS4 games and the lineup is good. I had issues with a couple of the PS3 games that did not respond properly to controller commands. And, by the way, some of them look awful, much worse than on the PS3 console. I have no problem with games rotating in and out. I try games out and the one I like I stop playing with the intention of buying it later, and move on to the next one.
  • Posted on 23 October 21 at 13:20
    How i can subscribe for PS now, i got only PS plus
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed707,201
    Posted on 24 October 21 at 13:00, Edited on 24 October 21 at 13:03 by SolaceCreed
    irobotbubble said:
    How i can subscribe for PS now, i got only PS plus
    You can do it through the PSNow dashboard on the PSN store, alternatively, you can buy a code from a highstreet store or Amazon.
    CDKeys also does them cheaper every now and then, Amazon has had a discount on PSNow a few months ago too.

saturnsailor said:
    I think PS Now is better than the GamePass. I haven't had any issues with any PS4 games and the lineup is good. I had issues with a couple of the PS3 games that did not respond properly to controller commands. And, by the way, some of them look awful, much worse than on the PS3 console. I have no problem with games rotating in and out. I try games out and the one I like I stop playing with the intention of buying it later, and move on to the next one.
    That's the thing about it, I got stuck at level 4 on WET for ages because the PS3 games kept crashing on me and force closing, ended up buying it as a physical copy.
    Congratulations on your platinum.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads