The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

PlayStation sale round-up for Europe: September 1st, 2021

• Posted on 01 September 21 at 04:03
    Discounts on Terraria, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry, LEGO The Hobbit, The LEGO Movie Videogame (DE), Valiant Hearts: The Great War, inFAMOUS First Light and more

Please click here to read the full story: PlayStation sale round-up for Europe: September 1st, 2021
  • Posted on 01 September 21 at 10:27
    Great, but maybe Playstation should concentrate on making more consoles. In NL, 4 of the several biggest chains (Mediamarkt, BCC, Gamemania and Coolblue), have 0 consoles to sell, of both Playstation 4 and 5.

And only 2 of them have few 512GB Xbox Series S for sale and the Xbox One and Series X, is also not in stock.
    Started gaming on NES, before it was Retro [laugh].
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed378,002
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 11:12
    KGI_KlikoNL said:
    Great, but maybe Playstation should concentrate on making more consoles. In NL, 4 of the several biggest chains (Mediamarkt, BCC, Gamemania and Coolblue), have 0 consoles to sell, of both Playstation 4 and 5.

And only 2 of them have few 512GB Xbox Series S for sale and the Xbox One and Series X, is also not in stock.
    Don't forget the companies that make the computer chips are only just catching up with their backlog.
    If you believe the reports that were in the UK a while back, it sounds like phone manufacturer's seem to be getting most of them. Which still suits Microsoft and Sony.
    I'm more worried that they're already releasing new models of the PS5 when they send them out.
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
  • Posted on 01 September 21 at 14:49, Edited on 01 September 21 at 14:52 by KGI_KlikoNL
    SolaceCreed said:
    KGI_KlikoNL said:

Don't forget the companies that make the computer chips are only just catching up with their backlog.
    If you believe the reports that were in the UK a while back, it sounds like phone manufacturer's seem to be getting most of them. Which still suits Microsoft and Sony.
    I'm more worried that they're already releasing new models of the PS5 when they send them out.
    Corona already existed 10 months in China (where most chips are made, what is maybe a mistake on it's own already), still they not can see in what this will cause, when they keep releasing the next-gen, instead of collectivly delaying it.

Now they pretty much force people (not me yet) with broken console, to get a Switch, as that is only thing that is available, if they are out of waranty, or not want to wait weeks, before it is returned from warranty repairs.

Would not be suprised that the few Xbox Series S earlier today available, are sold out now. Or by players, or by sad people who sell for much higher on sites like eBay.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed378,002
    Posted on 01 September 21 at 15:17
    KGI_KlikoNL said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    KGI_KlikoNL said:

Corona already existed 10 months in China (where most chips are made, what is maybe a mistake on it's own already), still they not can see in what this will cause, when they keep releasing the next-gen, instead of collectivly delaying it.

Now they pretty much force people (not me yet) with broken console, to get a Switch, as that is only thing that is available, if they are out of waranty, or not want to wait weeks, before it is returned from warranty repairs.

Would not be suprised that the few Xbox Series S earlier today available, are sold out now. Or by players, or by sad people who sell for much higher on sites like eBay.
    Yeah, I always thought it was a werid decision on both companies parts not to delay the console releases.

Xbox Series S don't seem to be selling well over here. There's always stock on Amazon as they keep writing to me they have them. Game can't offload them that fast, everyone wants a disc drive on the other side it seems.
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
  • Posted on 01 September 21 at 15:36
    Microsoft did different. X has better specs then the S, so is understandable.

Maximum output resolution: X has 8K 60fps; 4K 120 fps and S has 1440p, 120 fps.
    X has bigger storage, 12 TFlops instead of 4 in Graphics, better Video Memory.

But here only 2 of 4 I looked have the S. Other 2 not. But yeah longer known, they care more about big markets, then the smaller facepalm.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.