Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are making another South Park game, in 3D this time - report

• KTKaronaKTKarona967,881
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 16:22
    I was excited for Stick of Truth since it was a long time coming. And Fractured took that and turned it upwards even more. I wonder how the graphic change will modify the gameplay.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed706,614
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 16:51
    Not surprised since they just signed on to take the show upto season 28 or something close to that and do another 14 movies for streaming in America for Comedy Central.
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
  • Heazie-ManHeazie-Man308,888
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 18:22
    SolaceCreed said:
    Not surprised since they just signed on to take the show upto season 28 or something close to that and do another 14 movies for streaming in America for Comedy Central.
    Why comment if you aren't going to read the article?
    It me.
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 20:03
    Heazie-Man said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    Why comment if you aren't going to read the article?
    Yes I did read it. All I'm saying is I'm not surptised they're making new ones. You're always patheticaly aggressive in your comments.
  • Posted on 09 August 21 at 21:16
    Is it actually part of the rpg series or something completely different? The article doesn't specify or did I just miss that part? If its not ubisoft doing it with them I'd think it was something different.
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 21:28, Edited on 09 August 21 at 21:38 by SolaceCreed
    BreakerOfStuffs said:
    Is it actually part of the rpg series or something completely different? The article doesn't specify or did I just miss that part? If its not ubisoft doing it with them I'd think it was something different.
    Ubisoft own the rights to the videogames.
    From the article and from what I've read elsewhere it's still going to follow a similar formula from the last two games, just with an graphical overhaul, but we don't know if it will actually follow on from the last two games. Other sites say it could even end up as a different kind of game altogether.

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that Ubisoft isn't in charge of development this time though and South Park Digital have taken that over from them.
  • Posted on 10 August 21 at 08:35
    SolaceCreed said:
    BreakerOfStuffs said:
    Ubisoft own the rights to the videogames.
    From the article and from what I've read elsewhere it's still going to follow a similar formula from the last two games, just with an graphical overhaul, but we don't know if it will actually follow on from the last two games. Other sites say it could even end up as a different kind of game altogether.

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that Ubisoft isn't in charge of development this time though and South Park Digital have taken that over from them.
    Thanks for the reply :-) I really hope its another RPG.
  • Posted on 10 August 21 at 09:12
    BreakerOfStuffs said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    BreakerOfStuffs said:

Thanks for the reply :-) I really hope its another RPG.
    Yep, just on from what Solace said, we couldn't find anything suggesting that the game would be different. The only formal quote was the one from Matt Sone, which just said that yep, they are working on a 3D game and they are lucky to be doing so. But it is hard to imagine they wouldn't follow the same RPG path as it is what Parker and Stone have been writing for however many years and the team they have set up have been making great ones.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads