Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sony Announces PS4 Titles at Gamescom

• PunkyliarPunkyliar79,375
  • ZalshaZalsha550,616
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 01:57
    I have no idea how Papers, Please will work on PS4. Sounds like it will be really simplified. Vita makes sense though, it has the touchscreen.
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 03:37
    ??? these are all PS4 games?
    1. Dream fall chapters please fix your polygon over lapping problem I already see in the game.
    2. I might have dementia but I forgot why I should care about what seems to be a one and done play thru game?
    3. In space we brawl look to be the best of the bunch, but please don't push you game with close ups of peoples face, and please stop being hack by letting the girl win in the game we get it girl power!
    4. Papers please! I'll give the I don't know but is it really a next gen game?
    5. Pix the cat????? I going with hipster game!

I'm scare of what Sony thinks are games for gamers?
  • soniqsoniq457,517
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 05:51
    KSU_BIGMIKE said:
    ??? these are all PS4 games?
    2. I might have dementia but I forgot why I should care about what seems to be a one and done play thru game?
    4. Papers please! I'll give the I don't know but is it really a next gen game?
    5. Pix the cat????? I going with hipster game!

I'm scare of what Sony thinks are games for gamers?
    2. You shouldn't. After all, games like The Walking Dead and Journey were like super boring and you couldn't kill stuff. It's dumb. :/
    4. I think it's some kind of Free to play concept where you pay for the base game with like super fugly 2D stuff and later you can buy individual 3D models and objects to make it nice looking. I've heard rumors that Quantic Dream is working on it.
    Also, the "paper" in the title of the game refers to your pocketmoney, as in "Give us more money, please."

Don't be scare friend, it will be alright.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 August 14 at 07:19
    I can't wait for these two, which were announced also:
    WiLD
    Hellblade
    I hope that these are the two you mention as getting their own articles, because these two games look amazing.

On the games that are mentioned in this post; None of them really excite me. But Papers Please got a very rare Zero Punctuation positive review so I may have to check it out.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 07:22
    Well Papers Please! is an indie game on the PC, so it's a port. Not really a PS4 game strictly speaking.
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 15:25
    Ether One looks somewhat intriguing. The trailer gave me a bit of a BioShock vibe in the sense that there is some kind of deep, hidden story to be uncovered.

BillyHorrible said:
    WiLD
    Hellblade
    Hellblade caught my attention as well, but this is the first I've seen of WiLD- it looks great! The concept of being able to play as everything from a fish to a bird to a wild pig sounds really refreshing seeing as it's usually the generic super-soldier/knight in shining armor/humanoid character vs. the world. On my radar now! clap

On a side note, I was a little disappointed they didn't announce a 1TB PS4. I've been holding off on a PS4 purchase in hopes of saving myself the trouble of having to run out and drop an extra $100+ on a bigger HDD right away.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 August 14 at 15:46
    M155G4DG8T said:
    BillyHorrible said:
    WiLD
    Hellblade
    Hellblade caught my attention as well, but this is the first I've seen of WiLD- it looks great! The concept of being able to play as everything from a fish to a bird to a wild pig sounds really refreshing seeing as it's usually the generic super-soldier/knight in shining armor/humanoid character vs. the world. On my radar now! clap

On a side note, I was a little disappointed they didn't announce a 1TB PS4. I've been holding off on a PS4 purchase in hopes of saving myself the trouble of having to run out and drop an extra $100+ on a bigger HDD right away.
    I stumbeled across WiLD, thought it looked very promising.

On a 1TB PS4: I use the 500 GB drive as an excuse to not buy too much games - Got 500 GB of backlog on the 360 and that's not even counting the retail games. I'm trying to slow down a bit this generation.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 17:01
    BillyHorrible said:
    On a 1TB PS4: I use the 500 GB drive as an excuse to not buy too much games - Got 500 GB of backlog on the 360 and that's not even counting the retail games. I'm trying to slow down a bit this generation.
    That's an interesting view on it. I usually don't buy a whole lot of games each generation; my fear is that with them pushing an all-digital future with more and more downloadable-only games and file sizes/update patches ever increasing in size that 500GB is not going to last me the next 5-10 years. I made that very mistake with my Xbox 360. I bought my 360 in one of the original bundles that came with a 20GB HDD. At the time, they were still selling 512MB memory cards, so a 20GB HDD seemed like more space than I would ever use at the time. Lo and behold, I now have a mountain of flash drives because the HDD was nowhere near big enough in the long term. With the PS4 not having any kind of external drive support and no word of it possibly being added in the future, I want to take a safer bet this time around.

Back on topic, I thought Runemaster looked particularly interesting as well; an RPG set in Norse mythology in a procedurally-generated world:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/13/fantasy-rpg-runema...
    http://www.runemastergame.com/

After No-Man's Sky, procedurally-generated seems to be becoming a new trend.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.