TrueTrophies Polls

Forum for our TrueTrophies Polls

Do you think accessibility options and cheats should prevent trophies from unlocking?

• DesiShinobiDesiShinobi218,184
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 08:45
    Honestly, who cares, why can't people just enjoy games and stop concerning themselves with how others play games. If people want to use accessibility options to gain platinum, let them.

They aren't hurting anyone. It's not competitive or leadboard based either, let it be.

TrueAchievements always have that same argument between the elitist, gamerscore hunters, ratio hunters, etc.

Use to be hilarious, by some of them are nuts.
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE363,669
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 10:36
    Share Play should, that's about it. With cheats and suck which are provided by the game itself it is fine and you still need to use your controller and play but with lame lazy "dumbest" creation SharePlay you let others do your work. PLUS you will never ever know if that player has "actually" unlocked the trophy by himself.

Worst design implementation of Playstation. Keeps the competition wonky.
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor164,943
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 15:16
    I'm pretty sure my pet goldfish would like to get the platinum trophy in Sekiro. The developers should quickly come up with a system that picks up random flapping of fins on the controller's buttons and translates it into a cheat code that automatically unlocks the trophy along with all others along the way. If they don't, and hurt the feelings of a goldfish, I dread to think of what they're capable of next? A man with a square mustache comes to mind and that's not the end.
  • Slayer1189Slayer11892,175,042
    Posted on 21 July 21 at 16:10, Edited on 21 July 21 at 16:11 by Slayer1189
    PLATINBLAZE said:
    Share Play should, that's about it. With cheats and suck which are provided by the game itself it is fine and you still need to use your controller and play but with lame lazy "dumbest" creation SharePlay you let others do your work. PLUS you will never ever know if that player has "actually" unlocked the trophy by himself.

Worst design implementation of Playstation. Keeps the competition wonky.
    Doesn't matter whether the person did it themselves or had someone do it on Shareplay. Shareplay is simply handing the controller to someone else, except that someone else doesn't need to be in the same room.

The only person that needs to know who earned your trophies is you. and you are well aware whether you used Shareplay or not.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,296
    Posted on 22 July 21 at 15:24
    saturnsailor said:
    I'm pretty sure my pet goldfish would like to get the platinum trophy in Sekiro. The developers should quickly come up with a system that picks up random flapping of fins on the controller's buttons and translates it into a cheat code that automatically unlocks the trophy along with all others along the way. If they don't, and hurt the feelings of a goldfish, I dread to think of what they're capable of next? A man with a square mustache comes to mind and that's not the end.
    Are you seriously trying to equate games developers trying to create inclusion to that of Hitler?
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE363,669
    Posted on 22 July 21 at 17:26
    SolaceCreed said:
    saturnsailor said:
    Are you seriously trying to equate games developers trying to create inclusion to that of Hitler?
    laugh laugh laugh +1
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • RossWyattRossWyatt349,611
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 13:15
    Man, some communities are just too irritating to keep reading throughout of entertainment. I saw a post on TA that I agree with a lot. If there are cheats, I'll use them. If there's a guide (there will always be guides unless the game is "specially randomized") I'll use it. If there's none of those, I'll probably look up the specific achievement or trophy to figure out how to go about getting it.

I don't care to spent $20 on an easy 1,000g/Platinum game at all (now $5? ... eh, I've done stupider) and I do love to beat games on the hardest difficulty, though only if there's an achievement for it. There used to be a time I did things differently and chose Hard by default to prove how HARDCOOOOORE I was, but then I turned 16 and had things to get done, so if I can save myself some time on an achievement or trophy like this... sure.

Oh, and the accessibility for people with disabilities? If I'm reading into that right, the assholes who voted against it should feel sorry for wanting to turn those off. My best friend has cerebral palsy, but more heart than the lot of you when it comes to putting the effort in.
  • Slayer1189Slayer11892,175,042
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 13:44
    RossWyatt said:
    Oh, and the accessibility for people with disabilities? If I'm reading into that right, the assholes who voted against it should feel sorry for wanting to turn those off. My best friend has cerebral palsy, but more heart than the lot of you when it comes to putting the effort in.
    Just to clarify, I think you may be misunderstanding the position of those who were against accessibility options in this poll. As I understand it the people who voted against accessibility did so purely on the basis of meaning if those get enabled then trophies get disabled. This is a reasonable viewpoint that I am of the view developers/publishers can make at that level (and in fact do).

I haven't seen or heard of anyone who outright thinks games shouldn't have accessibility options in them. Such people may exist, but i'd imagine the number of people who subscribe to that would be vanishingly small.

To be clear, my position on this and what I voted was "Don't Care" because I play games for my own enjoyment and i'm not really interested in what others at large are doing when they play. Just wanted to clear up that the opposing position to yours isn't as extreme as your post makes out. smile
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor164,943
    Posted on 26 July 21 at 14:54
    SolaceCreed said:
    I have a feeling SolaceCreed had misunderstood which makes me feel kind of excluded. Anyway, I firmly believe all games should start with a short animation of Cinderella handing out all trophies and achievements to all regardless of age, ability, gender and species. Anything else reeks of exclusion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads