Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Kojima doesn't like the Director's Cut moniker for PS5 edition of Death Stranding

• Jet-KlaatuJet-Klaatu87,475
    Posted on 14 July 21 at 16:18
    It's a stupid way of re-releasing the game. Same goes for Ghost of Tsushima assuming that had the DC name for the same reasons as DS. Could have simply not added a sub title or just put another adjective for an expanded game.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed376,218
    Posted on 14 July 21 at 16:52
    Jet-Klaatu said:
    It's a stupid way of re-releasing the game. Same goes for Ghost of Tsushima assuming that had the DC name for the same reasons as DS. Could have simply not added a sub title or just put another adjective for an expanded game.
    I thought it was odd when they announced it. Why not just stick with Remastered? It's what it is afterall.
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
  • PLATINBLAZEPLATINBLAZE158,517
    Posted on 14 July 21 at 19:09
    SolaceCreed said:
    Jet-Klaatu said:
    I thought it was odd when they announced it. Why not just stick with Remastered? It's what it is afterall.
    My thoughts exactly but you know more content and stuff...sigh.
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • ylc0304ylc0304217,629
    Posted on 15 July 21 at 12:21
    I think I prefer Kojima's term, call it Director's Plus please. xD
  • Posted on 15 July 21 at 13:08, Edited on 15 July 21 at 13:14 by Alex_Italo_13
    A simple "Extended Edition" would be enough to show that this version has more content than the original.
    "Director's Cut" just tries to sound artsy.
  • LeigrezLeigrez1,476,837
    Posted on 15 July 21 at 22:54
    Alex_Italo_13 said:
    A simple "Extended Edition" would be enough to show that this version has more content than the original.
    "Director's Cut" just tries to sound artsy.
    I was thinking the same thing after I read Jet-Klaatu’s comment here.

“Death Stranding: Extended” has a nice ring to it. “Ghosts of Tsushima: Extended” - they all seem to work.

I like that he called that out though, cause I didn’t understand the whole Director’s Cut thing, since he has full say in what happens since it’s his company.
    There are three kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.