Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Did PlayStation Japan just leak Sony's acquisition of Bluepoint Games?

• Posted on 29 June 21 at 12:40
    PlayStation Japan might have just dropped an absolute bomb by accident. In a now-deleted tweet, an attached image suggested that PlayStation Studios might be acquiring Demon's Souls PS5 remake developer, Bluepoint.

Please click here to read the full story: Did PlayStation Japan just leak Sony's acquisition of Bluepoint Games?
  • SilentJay76_SilentJay76_106,069
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 13:22
    Well, impossible to know what they'll work on. But hopefully it's something more interesting (to me) than yet another "Souls" game. How about some first person shooters from the olden days?
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 13:59
    SilentJay76_ said:
    Well, impossible to know what they'll work on. But hopefully it's something more interesting (to me) than yet another "Souls" game. How about some first person shooters from the olden days?
    I'm going to be saying my prayers for a Resistance remake every morning haha.
  • ItsKristaItsKrista534,392
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 14:08
    I hope they do buy Bluepoint, more so than Housemarque. They seem to be on a roll atm and it would be a nice way Sony could show some love to its old IPs without distracting the big studios like Naughty Dog from making new stuff.

Maybe this will be announced in July after some juicy trailer for whatever they have been working on.
    What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,296
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:02
    Would be interesting to see what Housemarque come up with under Sony.

I do wish this aquiring of studios/publishers would stop though, we're likely to end up with the only to independent ones being EA and Ubisoft.
    Xbox caught race to 400,000TT begins.
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:23
    SolaceCreed said:

I do wish this aquiring of studios/publishers would stop though, we're likely to end up with the only to independent ones being EA and Ubisoft.
    I feel like next year it’s gonna get crazy. I think the only reason Xbox haven’t bought more yet is because all their older acquisitions haven’t released much yet so it wouldn’t be much good press.

I’m glad housemarque have gone to Sony though, their portfolio was getting way too third person drama heavy. Bit of a crappy announcement though, I’d have timed it with an event or had a cool trailer showcasing all the little gems they’ve made over the years.
    What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey.
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:31
    ItsKrista said:
    SolaceCreed said:

I feel like next year it’s gonna get crazy. I think the only reason Xbox haven’t bought more yet is because all their older acquisitions haven’t released much yet so it wouldn’t be much good press.

I’m glad housemarque have gone to Sony though, their portfolio was getting way too third person drama heavy. Bit of a crappy announcement though, I’d have timed it with an event or had a cool trailer showcasing all the little gems they’ve made over the years.
    I think someone got ahead of themselves to be honest. They perhaps thought of it as like ghe Firewalk partnership deal, rather than Sony actually buying them.
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:43
    Wait, i thought Sony was 'hands off' with their partners. Now they're buying them up and its good?
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:43
    SolaceCreed said:
    ItsKrista said:
    SolaceCreed said:

I think someone got ahead of themselves to be honest. They perhaps thought of it as like ghe Firewalk partnership deal, rather than Sony actually buying them.
    Have to agree about the acquisitions war. At some point, we are just going to get Disney vs the world vibes. To me though, it make a little more sense with Sony now ensuring they can work more closely with the teams they are partnering with.

Love the comment about the 3rd person heavy lineup!
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:45
    SolaceCreed said:
    I really don’t get why they are making a big deal of the partnerships with Firewalk, Haven or Deviation. They may end up making the next Apex Legends etc but they are such lukewarm announcements. I’d rather they waited till they have something, even if it’s just a vague trailer like Callisto Protocol or Outer Worlds 2 so we have something to be hyped about or think about.
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:46
    NO_PULSE_XBL said:
    Wait, i thought Sony was 'hands off' with their partners. Now they're buying them up and its good?
    As far as I understand it, Bluepoint and Housemarque are exceptional circumstances as there was never a formal partnership. Sony pretty much funded a few of Housemarque's games like Resogun and Returnal, and trusted Bluepoint with remaking PS IP's. Studios like Firewalk, Deviation, and Haven will probably be a little more 'hands off' for a while.
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:51
    AstonMatinDBS said:
    Love the comment about the 3rd person heavy lineup!
    smile I may be in the minority on that one laugh. I adore Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon and every other Sony third person shooter set in a forest but I wish they could have all the weirder and more varied games we got on PS3.
  • Posted on 29 June 21 at 15:56
    ItsKrista said:
    smile I may be in the minority on that one laugh. I adore Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon and every other Sony third person shooter set in a forest but I wish they could have all the weirder and more varied games we got on PS3.
    Oh, now you're talking... Starhawk, Puppeteer, MAG, Fat Princess, ModNation Racers...
  • ShadeSplitShadeSplit790,502
    Posted on 29 June 21 at 16:37
    Someone needs to work on a new Sly Cooper game.
    Posted on 30 June 21 at 08:43
    AstonMatinDBS said:
    ItsKrista said:
    Oh, now you're talking... Starhawk, Puppeteer, MAG, Fat Princess, ModNation Racers...
    Would love a few platform, FPS or Full blown RPG titles from Sony. Proper branch out. Story driven games like Life is Strange would be most welcome too.
  • Posted on 30 June 21 at 08:53
    SolaceCreed said:
    Would love a few platform, FPS or Full blown RPG titles from Sony. Proper branch out. Story driven games like Life is Strange would be most welcome too.
    I have found my new favourite thread where all the comments make me dream big :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads