Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart review

• PorthMinsterPorthMinster251,081
    Posted on 10 June 21 at 21:22
    The jaw-dropping interdimensional return of Ratchet is here at last! Luke loads up on ludicrous weapons to put Insomniac's stunning PS5 adventure through its paces...

Please click here to read the full story: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart review
  • Posted on 13 June 21 at 11:24
    Love the review, Luke! The desctiptions through 'chrome robo-buddy', 'high-intensity electronica', and 'burrowing seeker explosives' had me imagining and looking forward to this even more until I get a PS5.

Appreciated the mentions of PS5 specific features (trigger feedback) and the trophy list, but would love to hear more about them, especially given the site. I know that you've covered the whole game for the review and getting the platinum is a lot more playtime on top of that, but if you end up finishing it on a personal level it would be great to hear more of your insight on it.

From what I've heard this list was specificially designed to be easier than ever, and they were always pretty easy. No Challenge mode required as you mentioned, not all gold bolts and presumably no skill points. All things I will probably try to do anyway when I play but if there are one or two annoying ones it's nice to not be pressured into them by a trophy list.

p.s. Maybe it's just me but the opening of the review threw me a bit, with that particular use of 'graphics' as a noun. I feel you could start it "While the PS5 is already home to a few lookers [...]" and get straight into it. With all due respect I'd probably chop most of that opening paragraph preamble
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 14 June 21 at 09:40
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    Love the review, Luke! The desctiptions through 'chrome robo-buddy', 'high-intensity electronica', and 'burrowing seeker explosives' had me imagining and looking forward to this even more until I get a PS5.

Appreciated the mentions of PS5 specific features (trigger feedback) and the trophy list, but would love to hear more about them, especially given the site. I know that you've covered the whole game for the review and getting the platinum is a lot more playtime on top of that, but if you end up finishing it on a personal level it would be great to hear more of your insight on it.

From what I've heard this list was specificially designed to be easier than ever, and they were always pretty easy. No Challenge mode required as you mentioned, not all gold bolts and presumably no skill points. All things I will probably try to do anyway when I play but if there are one or two annoying ones it's nice to not be pressured into them by a trophy list.

p.s. Maybe it's just me but the opening of the review threw me a bit, with that particular use of 'graphics' as a noun. I feel you could start it "While the PS5 is already home to a few lookers [...]" and get straight into it. With all due respect I'd probably chop most of that opening paragraph preamble
    The platinum honestly doesn't take that much more time after finishing the game. You have to play about ten minutes into Challenge mode to get the NG+ exclusive weapons though. But yeah, this is the easiest list that the series has ever had and is probably the easiest game in general in the series.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.