TrueTrophies Polls

Forum for our TrueTrophies Polls

Poll: It's been six months since the PS5 launched, do you have one yet?

• milanbarca82milanbarca822,030,094
    Posted on 16 May 21 at 10:47
    Gonna wait for a PS5 pro instead, if there will be one.
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,979,549
    Posted on 16 May 21 at 11:24
    I bought the digital edition for the convenience. Even though I don't have more gaming time, of the time I do have, I spend a lot less of that time staring at a loading screen (or busy on my phone, not noticing that the game has already loaded and I need to press a button).
  • BloodySkyBloodySky628,178
    Posted on 16 May 21 at 13:20
    I pre-ordered one (a disc version) before release. It got stolen by the shipping company and needed to order another one. I finally got another one (again, disc version) after about a week straight of staying near my PC/phone trying to get one. It was freaking crazy, I tell ya. lol
    This Bloody Sky will reign.
  • TheMikeSCTheMikeSC456,059
    Posted on 16 May 21 at 17:45
    Well worth having. Surprisingly large number of games with a free PS5 version
  • DJbruce92DJbruce92388,282
    Posted on 16 May 21 at 18:45
    I voted not interested but that's not really the case, Just there isn't much games I want that are on the PS5 at the moment and I have a big backlog, I'll get one eventually but I am just not interesting in the hassle that is trying to get one.
  • mdfk79mdfk79415,725
    Posted on 16 May 21 at 22:04
    Got mine day one in the U.K. and have played more ps4 games on it than ps5 lol Preordered immediately after the reveal and was up in the air whether i'd get it day one, the site I used confirmed day one a few weeks before release.
  • Posted on 16 May 21 at 23:12
    Got lucky and scored one from PS Direct. I've been out of the Sony loop since ps2 so I wanted to finally catch up.
    allmylinks.com/topherxbeads
  • Posted on 17 May 21 at 05:07
    BlackEcho64 said:
    it took months of trying but i was finally able to get a digital, now I'm trying to get one for my friend and it's just as hard as before.
    Similar here, I got mine in December but a friend of mine who's been trying to get one since reveal still doesn't have his.
  • Posted on 17 May 21 at 07:09
    Look at all these lying dumbasses saying they ain't interested SMH
  • MalacatronMalacatron46,934
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 08:12
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:
    I voted "No - not interested", although it's not that I'm not interested at all - it's just that I'm not interested right now. I just don't need to spend $750+ right now on a new console when I have more than enough to keep me entertained for a long, long time, and when I know there'll be better, cheaper deals and bundles way down the track. Also, I don't like the white, so don't really want that version anyway laugh
    Samewink
  • DrNefarioDrNefario92,650
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 08:46
    I haven't tried to get one, and I don't really feel I'm missing much, yet.
  • MooyiniMooyini120,136
    Posted on 17 May 21 at 21:00
    I voted "No - not interested"
    Well at least for now, I wil lbuy one in the future but it needs to be a slim edition, I hope a black one (or I make it black)
    there are too many ps4 games that basicly cost no money (10-30 euro) why should I buy an expensive ps5 that has no better games then the ps4!
  • Posted on 18 May 21 at 10:38
    TopherRocks said:
    Got lucky and scored one from PS Direct. I've been out of the Sony loop since ps2 so I wanted to finally catch up.
    Welcome! Great time to try since most PS4 games are playable as well.
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 24 June 21 at 23:47
    I have one and I regret it. I'm disappointed in the lineup.
    Technically, there are maybe 4 or 5 games for it. The rest are available on PS4 (which means it isn't worth getting the PS5 version).
    I have Demon's Souls.
    There is also Rachet and Clank, Returnal, and GodFall and some digital stuff.

The big titles are even coming to PS4 meaning the incentive to get a PS5 is not tied to first party even.

So in conclusion, I have one but feel like i've wasted my money and this has been the first launch where I feel this way
  • Posted on 28 June 21 at 13:57
    TopherRocks said:
    This is the main reason why I am over the top excited to have gotten one. I too, have been away from PS since 2001 roughly. I went from an Xbox One X to this, and I feel there is enough improvement to be exited about. The controller is awesome. Granted, there are other intangibles at play. I have a laundry list of games to catch up on, so that is part of it. I also ditched my 2017 TCL for an LG CX and regardless of whether or not we get true "4k/120" doesn't matter. The TV upgrade alone, for myself never owning OLED, is unreal.

That said, if I were a veteran PS3/PS4/PS4 PRO owner I would have had less initiative to sit around and refresh websites to beat bots for a console. If I had a PS4 I would have probably just upgraded the TV and maybe waited for a PS5 slim/pro or something.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads