Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ubisoft Closing Online Servers for Several Games

• PostmortimusPostmortimus249,869
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 03:22
    As long as Driver: SF and any online Assassin's Creed games aren't affected, I'll be fine.
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,115
    Posted on 06 August 14 at 06:33
    Wow, they kept Haze up all this time?! shock
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 07:21
    Pure Football has been down for years. Also, my Fitness Coach (Fit in Six) will lose it's uplay connectivity...if anyone has the game and wants to earn their uplay points better do so ASAP.
    Kinda bummed about CoJ 3, I wanted to do the co-op, but won't have time this week :( I wish I'd known a week earlier.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 13:42
    They should give at least a 30 day window so people can have a chance to finish up trophies.
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 14:08, Edited on 06 August 14 at 14:09 by Prem-aka-Prince
    First of all, the notice period on this is appalling, if it's for an unexpected reason they could at least have the courtesy to mention it.

Secondly although it's not surprising to see multiplayer matches go offline, I am not pleased to see Uplay features discontinued. This means that potentially all uplay points and rewards have a limited lifespan tied to individual games, not an indefinite timespan tied to the overall continuation of uplay itself.

So rather than building over time like a snowball rolling, it's just shedding off its old games... if it operates like that uplay will never grow into the expansive common factor it once could have been (like trophies and achievements).
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 14:25
    I thought resistance 2 and MAG having 6 month warning was bad, I thought gamespy 1-2 month warning was bad, but ubisoft, only 2 day warning?! wtf yo?
  • Posted on 06 August 14 at 21:36
    Ubisoft announced it 8 months ago, in Jan. For some reason, nobody noticed it until a few days ago. They did a crummy job of announcing it too, making it essentially a post in a forum (And likely whey nobody noticed it for so long).
    I'm curious about the Uplay component as well. I have all the stuff for CoJ Cartel- now 1 is MP only, but 2 are co-op guns, that can be used in the SP game. If they stay in my SP game I'm fine, but If I lose access to them...that sucks. They really should remove the game from the uplay interface if items bought after Fri will no longer work...people may spend their points before realizing it's no good. they say they will issue refunds if that happens, but then whey not just remove it?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 14 at 00:30
    DAMNIT I GOTTA DO HAZE ON CO OP BEFORE THEY CLOSE!
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,013
    Posted on 07 August 14 at 16:38
    Why would we care if the "achievements" are going down?
    The King of Hyrule
  • Posted on 15 September 14 at 14:59
    Just a follow up. I haven't even tried Motionsports...but I played a bunch of CoJ The Cartel. All trophies are still possible, it's only Uplay that's "offline"... Sucks...I wanted my 40 points for beating the game with all 3 char :/. You can still play online co-op and competitive.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads