TrueTrophies Polls

Forum for our TrueTrophies Polls

Poll: It's been three months since the PS5 launched, do you have one yet?

• CanezzaCanezza74,208
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 09:00
    It's been over three months since the PS5 launched back in November, and we want to know if you've managed to secure one. Let us know by voting in this week's TT poll.

Please click here to read the full story: https://www.truetrophies.com/poll/19105/poll-its-been-three-...
    Poll: It's been three months since the PS5 launched, do you have one yet?
    • 37.6% - Yes - PS5 Disc Edition
    • 5.5% - Yes - PS5 Digital Edition
    • 0.5% - Yes - both
    • 35.6% - No - still trying
    • 20.8% - No - not interested

We had 596 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
  • SilentJay76_SilentJay76_104,537
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 09:55
    Missing an option for "Planning to get one later."

Other than quicker loading times, I can't think of too many reasons to get one right now. Happy with my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X (and the endless backlogs) for now.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 10:12
    Got one on day of release.
    Already got a PS5 back catalogue going.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • GreenMekonGreenMekon760,453
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 10:39
    Got one day of release and a big backlog forming already, damn demon souls
  • xStOnEhEaDxxStOnEhEaDx1,201,446
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 11:22
    No.. But hopefully i will find one before summer. So i at least can enjoy Mass Effect on it.
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,066,936
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 12:41
    Not interested at the moment because I've so much to do on my ps4 (and can't see the point in playing ps4 games on a ps5). Probably look into getting one near the end of the year....if I can afford it.
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 12:57
    Holding off for now. Need to save up for one and also hoping some nice bundles or special editions will come along too
  • ShinigamiVLShinigamiVL110,069
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 14:01, Edited on 13 February 21 at 14:02 by ShinigamiVL
    I have one and can also understand why people feel they don't need one yet. For me, PS5 versions of games look better and run faster which was reason enough alone for me to get one. I tried playing Destiny 2 again on base PS4 after the upgrade and you can see and feel the difference between 30 and 120 FPS. Going back to the PS4 version it felt sluggish and slow like I was playing a slideshow.
  • Skydude252Skydude252709,288
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 14:02
    There isn't a ton I really want on PS5 yet, the main reason I'm trying to get one is that I don't know how much longer my PS4 will survive. I've had to do 2 factory resets in the last couple of years and while it seems fine at the moment, I feel like it's on its last legs. So I would prefer to upgrade rather than replace, even to mostly play PS4 thing on it.
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 14:02
    I want one by the end of March so I can play Outriders on April 1st. Hopefully they can sort out their supply chain and stop giving all the units to bots so I have the opportunity to buy one over the next 6 weeks.
  • YinNYKYinNYK305,179
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 15:11
    I got lucky enough to get mine Day 1, but honestly I've played barely any PS5 games expect NBA 2K21, for the most part its all been PS4.
  • KGI_KlikoNLKGI_KlikoNL131,178
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 15:45
    SilentJay76_ said:
    Missing an option for "Planning to get one later."

Other than quicker loading times, I can't think of too many reasons to get one right now. Happy with my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X (and the endless backlogs) for now.
    Same here about the vote option. Still have warranty till October on my PS4 and still many many games to play. So even slowly thinking of holding off till Holiday Season discounts.
    Still not can get, that in 2 weeks no one reported the C word cursing at PSNprofiles, while guy did in many topics
  • SButler87SButler8751,121
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 15:50
    I think I've decided to wait until they have one with a bigger SSD, same with Xbox
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 16:27
    Got one on release from PlayStation Direct. Was super lucky.
  • MrVan77MrVan77275,164
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 17:04
    Have the disc version, and only played Astro on it so far. Still working on PS4 backlog, and prefer to do that on the actual PS4 since I have the Pro version.
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 18:26
    Probably won't get one until the PS6 comes out; I still have plenty in the PS3/PS4/Vita library to work through. My next console purchase will most likely be a Switch, if/when Metroid Prime 4 comes out.
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 19:09, Edited on 13 February 21 at 19:11 by Starfellharrier
    I'm planning on getting one later, since I still have plenty of games to play on both PS4 and PS3. I usually wait for a price decrease or a hardware revision before committing to a purchase, though I was slightly tempted to get the PS5 on/around launch if I could.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 February 21 at 19:56, Edited on 13 February 21 at 19:57 by
    Still trying to get one it’s extremely hard when England is always in lockdown and I have no debit or credit bank card :/

Hopefully by the time ffxiv beta in April comes out on ps5 I’ll be able to get one
  • WEB_78OWEB_78O35,376
    Posted on 13 February 21 at 21:21
    Getting one later in the year. Interested for sure, but not right now
    JBB
  • Posted on 13 February 21 at 22:00
    I was able to get two at launch, the difference in power is amazing! Best console I've ever purchased. My only complain is more games are capable of running at 120hz on Xbox SX than the PS5
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads