Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ubisoft is developing a new open-world, story-driven Star Wars game

• CanezzaCanezza74,205
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,986
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 16:29
    I can't believe I'm going to fangirl over an Ubisoft game, but SQUEEEEE! Story-drive open world Star Wars? Yes please.
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,985,492
    Posted on 13 January 21 at 19:53
    Nice to see the exclusivity deal come to an end and they can now branch out a bit more, definitely one to watch.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,274
    Posted on 14 January 21 at 01:22
    As much as I love Assassin's Creed, I don't think Ubisoft is the right home for Star Wars. To be honest, I'm struggling to think of a company that will do well with it. The only one I'd think is Gearbox, but after their horrible attempt with Alien, I'm not even sure about them.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • CoreyST66CoreyST66630,219
    Posted on 14 January 21 at 20:23
    "Julian Gerighty, director of both Division games, is creative director on the project."

Not sure if that's good or bad -- I don't know how excited I would be about a multiplayer loot shooter. Those types of games are fine when you know people to play with but can get real frustrating when you don't.

And I feel the Assassin's Creed games have gone down hill with all the grinding and loot; they've really lost the spirit of the old games.

I think I'm more excited to see the Wolfenstein folks get the Indiana Jones IP -- I'd love a Wolfenstein-type game with a revolver and a whip.
  • Posted on 14 January 21 at 21:04
    Where’s a new splinter cell?
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,274
    Posted on 15 January 21 at 12:23
    CoreyST66 said:
    "Julian Gerighty, director of both Division games, is creative director on the project."

Not sure if that's good or bad -- I don't know how excited I would be about a multiplayer loot shooter. Those types of games are fine when you know people to play with but can get real frustrating when you don't.

And I feel the Assassin's Creed games have gone down hill with all the grinding and loot; they've really lost the spirit of the old games.

I think I'm more excited to see the Wolfenstein folks get the Indiana Jones IP -- I'd love a Wolfenstein-type game with a revolver and a whip.
    As much as it pains me. Because I liked Origins after years of stagnation, but even the two newest ones have gone downhill from Origins.

Star Wars loot shooter would be rubbish to be honest. A real open world Star Wars would be good, a storyline of the calibur of The Force Unleashed would be amazing too.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • KGI_KlikoNLKGI_KlikoNL131,127
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 06:53
    SolaceCreed said:
    CoreyST66 said:

As much as it pains me. Because I liked Origins after years of stagnation, but even the two newest ones have gone downhill from Origins.

Star Wars loot shooter would be rubbish to be honest. A real open world Star Wars would be good, a storyline of the calibur of The Force Unleashed would be amazing too.
    Probely seen the games Ubi releases last few years, guess will be eather Wildlands or Division in a Star Wars Jacket.
    Still not can get, that in 2 weeks no one reported the C word cursing at PSNprofiles, while guy did in many topics
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads