Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

The five best PS Now games

• Posted on 25 December 20 at 09:00
    If you're wondering what PlayStation Now game to start up next, take a look through our list of what we think are the five best PS Now games out there.

Please click here to read the full story: The five best PS Now games
  • Watty8883Watty8883174,898
    Posted on 25 December 20 at 10:01
    Control was very dull and generic for me. Days Gone however I found truly immersive and hard to put down, an exclusive worthy of buying a console for.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed703,965
    Posted on 25 December 20 at 10:03
    I'm surprised WET didn't make the cut. Very underrated game.
    As with Watty, I'd have picked Days Gone over Journey, but that's just my opinion
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 12:08
    Pretty sure Control is no longer on PS Now.
    Gaelic Flame - Hybrid created from Rathalos and Kushala Daora materials. Its cut is a death sentence
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,076,354
    Posted on 25 December 20 at 12:18
    Is Control still on psnow?. I started playing it months ago but it disappeared. It was quite good as well. Don't like Bloodborne at all but that's because it's not my type of game. Red Dead story was excellent, but like all Rockstar offerings, too much focus on online imo. I would of thought God Of War would've been on the list even though it isn't on the service no more(indeed this is why I asked if Control was still part of psnow). I've downloaded Days Gone but haven't started it yet, but it looks good. I liked playing WRC8 and hope WRC9 comes to the service at some point.
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 12:35
    mysticmosh said:
    I've downloaded Days Gone but haven't started it yet
    You better hurry with Days Gone. It's leaving in like 10 days, and it's a long game.
    Gaelic Flame - Hybrid created from Rathalos and Kushala Daora materials. Its cut is a death sentence
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 12:55
    Control had its PS Now tag removed when it left PS Now, but I guess someone added it back :shrug:
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,076,354
    Posted on 25 December 20 at 14:55
    Gaelic-_-Flame said:
    mysticmosh said:
    You better hurry with Days Gone. It's leaving in like 10 days, and it's a long game.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Posted on 25 December 20 at 16:52
    mysticmosh said:
    Gaelic-_-Flame said:
    mysticmosh said:
    Thanks for the heads up!
    It's dirt cheap on the highstreet at the moment if you don't manage it. Seen it as cheap as £10.
    Posted on 25 December 20 at 16:55
    CMDR-Z said:
    Control had its PS Now tag removed when it left PS Now, but I guess someone added it back :shrug:
    The PS Now search website has it as having left the service actually, hadn't noticed it had.
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 22:19
    Removed PS Now from Control but can't really update the article. cry
    PS Now app shows Control is available for PS Now for PS3 though. Figure that one out.
  • Posted on 25 December 20 at 23:34
    I recently enjoyed MAD MAX and think this is a must play game. If you like a game that offers a lot to do, then MAD MAX is the game you should play. The game kept me entertained for hours on.
    AGNOSTICMADBALL
  • Posted on 26 December 20 at 03:20
    Red Dead Redemption is one of my favourite games of all time! ❤️
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • nono12nono126,351
    Posted on 27 December 20 at 11:13, Edited on 24 February 22 at 15:57 by nono12
    I tried Overcooked 2, this game is really fun!
  • Posted on 29 December 20 at 11:10
    Playing Overcooked 2 on Switch, love it, and a great summary of it there (even better, it's 2-4 players for local co-op)

Journey I considered one of the best PS3 games at launch, but doubt it ages well; that companionship (successful or otherwise) was a key part of the experience for me, and as the simultanous playerbase dwindles so too does the chance of getting those parts of the overall experience

More and more curious to try Control, will probably try and get it on PS5 in time
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 30 December 20 at 08:32, Edited on 30 December 20 at 08:35 by Kaksiulotteinen
    Days Gone should be in the list, althought disappearing from the PS Now in few days! Just finished the story yesterday and now planning to complete the trophies today. It was a great game and I really cannot understand the bad reviews! Even it was a long game, I still feel I could still continue playing after almost completing it.

And as a Finnish gamer I have to promote Control. I liked it a lot and I think it's underrated game. Should be definitely on the list.
  • Posted on 07 January 21 at 06:31
    I couldn't finish control the first time it left.. Has it been added back?
  • inatimate1inatimate1685,739
    Posted on 07 January 21 at 15:29
    Control was probably my favourite PS Now game, I really liked the whole dynamic behind the game and it offered something different in a pretty saturated genre... but sadly it's no longer there.

The Town of Light is a great little game cum visual novella as well, I've completed many of these along the way, but it's easily one of my favourites.

Recently started playing 11-11 Memories Retold which is another kind of game that I know I'll be working through from start to finish, along with Get Even, can't really comment on how "great" they are, but just another one of those hidden gems within the huge database that I've only recently got round to booting up.

All of those games I would never have really considered playing if it wasn't for PS Now so I can't really fault the service, sure there are some "Big Name" games on there, like RDR, Bioshock (series), Borderlands (Series), Uncharted (Series), God of War (Series), but I feel this is the perfect way to showcase some of those games that haven't been able to get the recognition they deserve.

I also can't speak highly enough of The Turing Test, great puzzle game which kind of went under the radar when the additions for that month were announced, I had this on the Xbox and was more than happy to go through it again thanks to PS Now.
  • ShinKotakeShinKotake728,959
    Posted on 08 January 21 at 22:24
    I just got PSNow and I gotta say, there are quite a few good games on there. Not too mention some easy platinums if that's your thing.
  • Posted on 19 July 21 at 18:44, Edited on 19 July 21 at 18:44 by AmericanA_The
    I never understood all that fuzz about Journey... It's a good experience with a lot of heart strings pulled, but in a very brief period of just 2 hours. I think Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons best it in every way. Why no one mentions that one anymore ?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads