Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Need for Speed: Payback and Vampyr are October's PS Plus games

  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed258,492
    Posted on 30 September 20 at 16:09
    Vampyr was a huge let down, was looking forward to it as they're the stars of my favourite monster movies, and also dontnod.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • extrasafeivyextrasafeivy616,339
    Posted on 30 September 20 at 16:40
    SolaceCreed said:
    Vampyr was a huge let down, was looking forward to it as they're the stars of my favourite monster movies, and also dontnod.
    Opposite for me. Wasn't expecting much, but enjoyed it. And on another note, yet another Now game on Plus.
  • Posted on 30 September 20 at 18:56, Edited on 30 September 20 at 18:56 by AGNOSTICMADBALL
    I might check out VAMPYR.
    AGNOSTICMADBALL
  • Posted on 01 October 20 at 00:37
    I've already got NFS Payback in the backlog and I've never been interested in Vampyr, but I might give it a try now.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Posted on 01 October 20 at 08:28
    As far as I'm concerned that's two major games, from 2018 and 2017 - a far cry from Xbox Games with Gold's zero this month.

    Vampr I was interested in from announcement, however like you was disappointed by the landing and never made time for it. However I'm glad to have it in the collection now as Dontnod is an extraordinary developer (it's no coincidence that their next game is coming out 1st of December, so just a month's gap after this)

    NFS lost me after the impossibly hard patch trophies on NFS 2015, but in a way it's good to see that this one is 'just' a 30 hr completion and only one DLC (though it's £6.50).

    Are we going to be getting TA Playlist over here on TT? Dead Space 2 was chosen this month and it's a cross-platform game. Fitting for October so I'm sure the TT community would love it.
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 01 October 20 at 11:44
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    As far as I'm concerned that's two major games, from 2018 and 2017 - a far cry from Xbox Games with Gold's zero this month.
    Did Phil Spencer step on your toes this morning or something?

    While PS+ has arguably been better most months lately, this really isn't one of them, in my opinion. In the end it's all personal preference, of course.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed258,492
    Posted on 01 October 20 at 13:24
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    Are we going to be getting TA Playlist over here on TT? Dead Space 2 was chosen this month and it's a cross-platform game. Fitting for October so I'm sure the TT community would love it.
    Somebody asked before, there's no volunteers to run it. There's less staff on TT than TA.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh711,740
    Posted on 01 October 20 at 13:57
    NFS Payback was a good addition to the series and is pretty straight forward to do with the exception of a couple of speedruns and jumps. The dlc is a cakewalk to complete but is also quite fun (it's speed cross racing).
    I tried Vampyr on ps now. It's okay but too slow on the uptake for my liking. The setting is excellent though (it reminded me of Jack the Ripper dlc off AC Syndicate) and it's a game I might come back to. A decent month especially when you see the GWG offerings.
  • SpikeynesssSpikeynesss131,582
    Posted on 01 October 20 at 14:08
    From a collection point of view, payback is on ea play and vampyr on ps now, last month was 2x games on ps now, sad truth is a game that is given on plus usually is on now or ea play or has an absurd amount of dlc and only the base game instead of goty edition etc is given. There are exceptions ofc, but this seems to be the trend at least. From what I've noticed anyway.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed258,492
    Posted on 01 October 20 at 17:26
    Spikeynesss said:
    From a collection point of view, payback is on ea play and vampyr on ps now, last month was 2x games on ps now, sad truth is a game that is given on plus usually is on now or ea play or has an absurd amount of dlc and only the base game instead of goty edition etc is given. There are exceptions ofc, but this seems to be the trend at least. From what I've noticed anyway.
    I think they're as bad as the other when it comes to this. I stopped using PSPlus and haven't felt like I've missed out on any must play games in the following two years since.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • GampxSGampxS183,926
    Posted on 01 October 20 at 19:50
    Played Vampyr on Switch, huge dissapointment.
    Might try Payback when Ill be done with SF5 and Witcher 3.
  • Posted on 01 October 20 at 21:25, Edited on 01 October 20 at 21:26 by Prem-aka-Prince
    SilentJay76_ said:
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    As far as I'm concerned that's two major games, from 2018 and 2017 - a far cry from Xbox Games with Gold's zero this month.
    Did Phil Spencer step on your toes this morning or something?
    While PS+ has arguably been better most months lately, this really isn't one of them, in my opinion. In the end it's all personal preference, of course.
    Ok, my comment was pretty blunt, but we're comparing two full retail games from current gen with two half-priced digital only games (correct me if I'm wrong), a 360 arcade game from 2010, and... an original xbox game from 2003? Come on, you gotta recognise a bone when it's thrown. You would call any of these major games?

    If you simply like them more I can respect that, I know Costume Quest to be a good game and Slayaway Camp seems like more than meets the eye, but looking beyond personal preference I think there's a marked difference in the class of games on offer this month.
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 02 October 20 at 08:50
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    SilentJay76_ said:
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    As far as I'm concerned that's two major games, from 2018 and 2017 - a far cry from Xbox Games with Gold's zero this month.
    Did Phil Spencer step on your toes this morning or something?
    While PS+ has arguably been better most months lately, this really isn't one of them, in my opinion. In the end it's all personal preference, of course.
    Ok, my comment was pretty blunt, but we're comparing two full retail games from current gen with two half-priced digital only games (correct me if I'm wrong), a 360 arcade game from 2010, and... an original xbox game from 2003? Come on, you gotta recognise a bone when it's thrown. You would call any of these major games?

    If you simply like them more I can respect that, I know Costume Quest to be a good game and Slayaway Camp seems like more than meets the eye, but looking beyond personal preference I think there's a marked difference in the class of games on offer this month.
    Well, NFS Payback is pretty ordinary. I haven't played Vampyr, but it doesn't seem to be anything special, either (based on the ratings.) Is that even considered a major game?

    Doesn't help that NFS has been in EA Access/Play for years and Vampyr was added to Game Pass over a year ago. Major games maybe... but value?

    Looking at the offerings this month, I just find GWG a lot more appealing - indie and/or old or not. They all look like fun. (I've only played Costume Quest.) The Halloween theme is a nice touch, too. Even if I'm more of a "Rocktober" kinda guy. music

    But like I said, personal preference. I'm sure there are plenty of people arguing for both sides this month. It's just not as much of a "far cry" as you originally posted. In my personal opinion, that is. wink
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.