GTTSC 2020 Discussion

• Netguy503Netguy5031,812,149
    Posted on 21 November 20 at 16:56
    Nelson-Hellier you are just one spot above me in the contest right now. I feel honored after our bout in the last trophy challenge.
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,110,213
    Posted on 21 November 20 at 18:43
    As do i, Netguy. As do i.

I'm tapering at the moment though, so you have every chance of overtaking me this period. Especially if the trophy for completing Cold War on veteran continues to devalue at its current rate. I may need to unlock something just to make sure my team hits the bonus though.

I am looking forward to things heating up again on Monday.
    Look after the bronzes, and the platinums will look after themselves.
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 01:18
    The guy in last place Zlydzen if he is reading this you have 11 hours left and you only have until the last 9 hours to use your bonuses and you have 3,000 in TT bonus. I would use them if I was you. Take it from me, I felt really dumb not using a bonus that I could have when I went out last challenge.

But man, look at that negative TT score. How does one get that much in the negative? Thankfully I haven't got a trophy that has put me in the negative this contest. Yet.
  • SpikeynesssSpikeynesss444,704
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 08:36
    Netguy503 said:
    .But man, look at that negative TT score. How does one get that much in the negative? Thankfully I haven't got a trophy that has put me in the negative this contest. Yet.
    If you meant literally then ;
    One would get in such a pickle if they cashed in on an inflated new plat on a popular game near the end of period, that inflated score gets locked as your base score and decays as more people get the plat making your difference for the period a minus, it is definitely rough competing and fighting decay.

Or if you meant ironically;
    You may have called it quits and reached a personal goal, then played whatever you wanted, making the scenario above likely and as you've quit, you aren't fighting that decay.

Good luck toast
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 12:17, Edited on 23 November 20 at 12:17 by Netguy503
    Spikeynesss said:
    Netguy503 said:
    .But man, look at that negative TT score. How does one get that much in the negative? Thankfully I haven't got a trophy that has put me in the negative this contest. Yet.
    If you meant literally then ;
    One would get in such a pickle if they cashed in on an inflated new plat on a popular game near the end of period, that inflated score gets locked as your base score and decays as more people get the plat making your difference for the period a minus, it is definitely rough competing and fighting decay.

Or if you meant ironically;
    You may have called it quits and reached a personal goal, then played whatever you wanted, making the scenario above likely and as you've quit, you aren't fighting that decay.

Good luck toast
    I just feel so bad for them they had 3,000 in bonuses. He even had the get to the top 25% on the leaderboard on a very hard round and get a plat with a 2 ratio. Why do all that work just to die. Their bonuses alone could of saved them this period regardless if they earned a single trophy this round. Oh well, what's done is done I guess. :(
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,488
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 14:49, Edited on 23 November 20 at 14:50 by AtsumaKarin
    Period 8 bonus has been drawn (the team one is fixed)

Individual: On The Double! - End the scoring period with at least double the Trophy XP earned during the previous period
    Team: Welcome To The Future - End the scoring period having spelled "Play Has No Limits" using the 1st character of newly earned trophies (All team members must do this)
    Also, bear in mind there will be increased elims this period to account for the extension, just hasn't been updated yet.
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • ArcticCressArcticCress866,072
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 14:57
    Do the letters in the spelling challenge for the team bonus have to be in order?
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 15:02
    ArcticCress said:
    Do the letters in the spelling challenge for the team bonus have to be in order?
    Yep, the phrase has to be spelt in the correct order, but breaks in between are allowed.

So if you were to unlock e.g.

1)P

2)A

3)L

You would be on A next because you'd unlocked the last 2 out of order but the break in the chain doesn't reset it.

Also, as with all spelling challenges, has to start with a letter of the English alphabet, so no symbols or numbers etc before the letter
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • inatimate1inatimate1679,940
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 15:02
    AtsumaKarin said:
    Period 8 bonus has been drawn (the team one is fixed)

Individual: On The Double! - End the scoring period with at least double the Trophy XP earned during the previous period
    Team: Welcome To The Future - End the scoring period having spelled "Play Has No Limits" using the 1st character of newly earned trophies (All team members must do this)
    Also, bear in mind there will be increased elims this period to account for the extension, just hasn't been updated yet.
    That Individual one is potentially brutal. Double the XP from the previous two week period shock.... Challenge accepted laugh
  • LiquidCodeLiquidCode1,110,185
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 16:09
    inatimate1 said:
    That Individual one is potentially brutal. Double the XP from the previous two week period shock.... Challenge accepted laugh
    You got that right, maybe if the last period was 7 days long i would be in with a chance but myself and everyone else who was still in leapfrog is screwed. I'll have to get over 45,000 trophy xp in a week shock.... Challenge failed laugh
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,986
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 16:22
    Wow, I'm almost glad I got sick and had to burn a bunch of bonuses last week - I only earned 1110 XP over the two weeks.
  • ZatherusZatherus846,891
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 16:44
    Wow. I’m honestly chuffed that you didn’t pick a different individual bonus. You are requiring people double a two week score in one week. Reroll much? You even commented in the faq that you would reroll missions that followed in sequence. This should be one of those situations.
    Zatherus
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 16:55
    Zatherus said:
    Wow. I’m honestly chuffed that you didn’t pick a different individual bonus. You are requiring people double a two week score in one week. Reroll much? You even commented in the faq that you would reroll missions that followed in sequence. This should be one of those situations.
    The bonuses are drawn randomly. The person that draws them does not look at the outcome and decide if they think it can be obtained or not. The double period length makes no difference to that decision. A lot of them could be hard or easy depending on how you play.

I have read through the FAQ and searched for the phrase "reroll" and "re-roll" and can't find any mention of it. Can you let me know what you are referring to with that?
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 17:01
    I'm just going to post this in case others might find it helpful to look for trophies in your backlog that start with a specific letter:

?firstchar=a

If you open up your trophies page and add that to the end of your URL, you can see which trophies are available to you in your game collection. Just change the last letter from the above to whichever you need e.g. ?firstchar=p to look for P trophies, ?firstchar=l to look for L trophies, etc.

Good luck, everyone! toast
  • ZatherusZatherus846,891
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 18:06
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Zatherus said:
    The bonuses are drawn randomly. The person that draws them does not look at the outcome and decide if they think it can be obtained or not. The double period length makes no difference to that decision. A lot of them could be hard or easy depending on how you play.

I have read through the FAQ and searched for the phrase "reroll" and "re-roll" and can't find any mention of it. Can you let me know what you are referring to with that?
    I found the portion I had read which indicates rerolls are possible.
    "Measures will be taken to ensure bonuses do not clash with each other (e.g. in the event of "Hard Way" and "Easy Street" being drawn in the same period, one of them will be swapped for another at random) - this is to allow the completionist badge to be obtainable."

I guess I overextended that to not getting double XP for teams on week followed by double XP for individual the next as that would make completionist next to impossible if they continued to chain.

I still think due to the double week of last week this quest should be swapped to another. But maybe I am an outlier on this.
    Zatherus
  • Posted on 23 November 20 at 18:23
    Zatherus said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Zatherus said:

"Measures will be taken to ensure bonuses do not clash with each other (e.g. in the event of "Hard Way" and "Easy Street" being drawn in the same period, one of them will be swapped for another at random) - this is to allow the completionist badge to be obtainable."

I guess I overextended that to not getting double XP for teams on week followed by double XP for individual the next as that would make completionist next to impossible if they continued to chain.

I still think due to the double week of last week this quest should be swapped to another. But maybe I am an outlier on this.
    Double XP is potentially one of the easier bonuses overall though. Since there are plenty of rat games and such, if you are into easy score games that is. So if someone wanted to go for it, they could knock out thousands of points in just a few hours. It would just cost a bit of money to buy the games, so it really depends on how badly you want to go for it.

Once the bonus is announced, it is set. There are no current plans to change it
  • inatimate1inatimate1679,940
    Posted on 23 November 20 at 18:35
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Zatherus said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Zatherus said:

Double XP is potentially one of the easier bonuses overall though. Since there are plenty of rat games and such, if you are into easy score games that is. So if someone wanted to go for it, they could knock out thousands of points in just a few hours. It would just cost a bit of money to buy the games, so it really depends on how badly you want to go for it.

Once the bonus is announced, it is set. There are no current plans to change it
    To be fair it is probably one of the best weeks for it for the exact reason that it can be knocked off with easy games, especially with Mayo 2 coming out recently laugh

Thank god it isn't the one where we had to double our TT Difference from a few weeks back, now that would have been brutal!
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,110,213
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 01:06
    I always forget how to do that, biff_beefcake.

It's tremendously useful, so many thanks for the instructions.
    Look after the bronzes, and the platinums will look after themselves.
    Posted on 25 November 20 at 19:34
    All bonuses/badges for Period 7 have now been awarded.

Also, following a discussion with the team, we have decided it would be fairer to roll over the elims that didn't occur as a result of the Period 7 extension into Period 9 instead, so it isn't just dropped on everyone during an ongoing period.
  • SHINE_GET_64SHINE_GET_641,697,839
    Posted on 27 November 20 at 15:59
    Something get busted? Everyone seemingly dropped a ton of TT.
    Ace of Games
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads