Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

Sony will "fire back" at Microsoft with more PS5 game reveals soon - report

• CanezzaCanezza74,208
  • Posted on 07 July 20 at 14:32
    And in other news, MS will be holding back announcements as well so .....
  • Posted on 07 July 20 at 17:52
    I'm liking that both Sony and Microsoft seem to be playing a little more aggressive going into next gen, this last one, while good was a little too safe in a lot of ways.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,163
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 20:21
    Johnny_Broflex said:
    I mean it says that in the article
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • Posted on 08 July 20 at 08:10
    Times like this, sucks that we can't use gifs in forum replies, but for anyone interested this timestamped youtube clip will drop the punchline for me... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lex9W3tpd1w&t=66s
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • GampxSGampxS371,377
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 09:54
    I think Sony is firing back on already half dead body. Dont get me wrong I have both consoles a to be fair like Xbox a little more because of the community, but god damn did that PS5 reveal with all the exclusives straight up dominate the XSX.
  • SilentJay76_SilentJay76_104,537
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 13:30
    SolaceCreed said:
    Johnny_Broflex said:
    It's cute that you assume that people actually read the whole article before commenting... wink
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,163
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 16:46
    SilentJay76_ said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    Johnny_Broflex said:
    It's cute that you assume that people actually read the whole article before commenting... wink
    laugh I never give up hope.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • milanbarca82milanbarca822,030,094
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 21:05
    BacklogGamer964 said:
    I'm liking that both Sony and Microsoft seem to be playing a little more aggressive going into next gen, this last one, while good was a little too safe in a lot of ways.
    Agreed.
    The PS3/Xbox360 gen was more exciting for me than the current one.
  • ShyGuyDYShyGuyDY62,973
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 13:16
    Not really considered firing back when all the enemy fires is a steaming diaper
  • R4M_RazrR4M_Razr156,317
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 16:00
    Microsoft has been highly aggressive for quite a while now. Currently you can get one month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 1 buck. They aquired seven (!) game studios since 2018 and created an additional two new ones. This brought their total number of studios to 15. Sony currently has 13 studios.

I've just sold off my PS4 in order to switch to One X.
  • KGI_KlikoNLKGI_KlikoNL131,178
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 05:26, Edited on 24 July 20 at 05:32 by KGI_KlikoNL
    I sold 6 months ago my Xbox One for a PS4, this because Microsoft refuses to fix a account glitch, that causes Verification Codes also end up on from Account removed Email/Phone. And yeah, Xbox is part of Microsoft.

That they have more studio's doesn't say anything, for example Forza Motorsport, to Grand Tourismo. Forza 7 had such a poor release, not delivered the promisses made. Only later it got changed. And has been (maybe still is, online a big crash fest) And they know they have to, another poor first-party release like with Xbox One, they know they fail another generation. And with Cross-Play it is even more important, as groups can now split over platform and not all join 1 platform.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads