Forum for the Bean Dive 2020 Event

Bean Dive 2020 Discussion

• Shin-AluShin-Alu377,895
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 11:07
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Shin-Alu said:
    For some reason I started 3 games yesterday, but it still shows 0 games dived.
    My completion % did drop though.

Any idea what is going on there?
    You have registered for the event, but not started the dive. If you go to Shin-Alu's Bean Dive and check the top right side, you should find "Start my dive".

The reason this option is split is to allow people to register immediately, but decide when they are ready to do the event
    Ah, I guess that must have been it.
    The strange thing is that I did already have a 'Finish my Dive!' button.
    And it said my Bean Dive is underway, so that caused some confusion.

I pressed start again and will see how it goes tonight.
    Thanks for the reply
  • LucasKellLucasKell576,875
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 14:13
    Is it still as broken as it was last year where the leaderboard continues to count people who carry on their dive after the event ends?
  • Posted on 07 July 20 at 15:08
    LucasKell said:
    Is it still as broken as it was last year where the leaderboard continues to count people who carry on their dive after the event ends?
    I believe the event is meant to carry on after it ends. The period specified is for beginning it to be on the leaderboards, not for trying to finish it too
  • LucasKellLucasKell576,875
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 20:50
    I was under the impression that the event time was the dive, so in the 10 days you dive as low as you can, then the event time is over and you spend the next year trying to recover. But if the leaderboards continue to track people who don't end their dive then they will almost always be favouring people who continue their dive past the end date with no intention of recovering.

In my view either the leaderboards shouldn't exist or they should only track people who stop their dive within the right time period. Or there could, for example, be a tickbox when you start a dive that qualifies it for leaderboards which automatically ends your dive exactly 10 days after it starts.
  • Posted on 07 July 20 at 21:31
    LucasKell said:
    I was under the impression that the event time was the dive, so in the 10 days you dive as low as you can, then the event time is over and you spend the next year trying to recover. But if the leaderboards continue to track people who don't end their dive then they will almost always be favouring people who continue their dive past the end date with no intention of recovering.

In my view either the leaderboards shouldn't exist or they should only track people who stop their dive within the right time period. Or there could, for example, be a tickbox when you start a dive that qualifies it for leaderboards which automatically ends your dive exactly 10 days after it starts.
    The leaderboard is just for fun. The site is not going to force people to stop their dive. You are not meant to be competing for who can dive the most. It is to clear down your back log. If someone wants to keep it going and add more and more games to it they can. If they however want to play any of those dived games, after 5 trophies they are not counted and removed from the beandive, so it doesn't encourage them to keep it going too long.
  • BeanUppercutBeanUppercut256,103
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 21:55
    BeardedScot86 said:
    There is no badge for completion of this event. The only badge is for participation, and that comes from doing any amount of games.
    Is it a "Community Challenge" badge, or a "Community Event" one?
  • Posted on 07 July 20 at 22:07
    BeanUppercut said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    There is no badge for completion of this event. The only badge is for participation, and that comes from doing any amount of games.
    Is it a "Community Challenge" badge, or a "Community Event" one?
    Event
  • Posted on 08 July 20 at 01:10
    Haha, I forgot about the install times/sizes of some of these PS3 games in my backlog. It takes longer to install some of these games than it takes to get my first achievement (looking at you, Heavy Rain). I'll have to start deleting some of these recently installed files to make room for the other games I'm diving, too.
  • ArtikSkarabArtikSkarab1,166,956
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 10:58
    I have a quick question: If I put a game in my collection, but didn't get any trophies, will it be counted for the Dive if I get one or is it already counted in my statistics and is not eligible?
  • ZvetikiZvetiki461,779
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 18:30
    ArtikSkarab said:
    If I put a game in my collection, but didn't get any trophies, will it be counted for the Dive if I get one
    Yes.
  • Posted on 08 July 20 at 23:19
    I think I broke it haha. I haven't sync'd my trophies since February and all the games I've played since then have been added to my dive count ><
  • russelguppyrusselguppy785,490
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 16:23
    First official Bean Dive for me, 14 games and counting
  • erod550erod550134,658
    Posted on 10 July 20 at 07:31
    If only I could have combined this with Hangman a few months ago, heh. Started 50+ new games just for that.
  • Posted on 10 July 20 at 20:48
    My dive is complete. 38 new games, down 21.35%. I found games that I had misplaced/forgotten about over the years, discovered that Split/Second might actually be worth my time, and realized that Tony Hawk Shred only works with the board peripheral and I need to ditch that disc.

I can only imagine how long it'll take for my % to come back from this...but I had fun on the dive!
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,066,951
    Posted on 11 July 20 at 08:42
    First time trying this. Dived 25 games (used ps now a lot!), for a % drop of 2.89%. 649 trophies to recovery. Don't want to sound stupid, but does the recovery come from only the games dived or are non dived (ie already started games) included?.
  • Posted on 11 July 20 at 11:19
    mysticmosh said:
    First time trying this. Dived 25 games (used ps now a lot!), for a % drop of 2.89%. 649 trophies to recovery. Don't want to sound stupid, but does the recovery come from only the games dived or are non dived (ie already started games) included?.
    Recovery is just based on percentage gain. So any trophies count. You could leave all your dived games alone and finish other games to recover if you wanted
  • boldfox85boldfox85535,912
    Posted on 12 July 20 at 10:43
    This is tempting but I've worked so hard to get so high - 10 trophies away from 96% - that I don't wanna drop it so much
    GT: boldfoxrd
  • darkjian92darkjian922,033,370
    Posted on 14 July 20 at 00:44
    That’s my dive done - aside from one game (Crypto by POWGI for PS Vita, which is still having glitches in the EU store) I have now started every game I own. Now I get to see if I can recover that distance within a decade, or if it stays looking as far away as last years laugh
    Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela. (To the success of our hopeless task.) - Russian Proverb DJ
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads