Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three PS Plus games revealed for July; a free PS4 theme to follow later this week

• SolaceCreedSolaceCreed223,551
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 10:21Permalink
    NUKEZDUKEZM said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    NUKEZDUKEZM said:
    I really enjoy FMV games and got ERICA almost straight after release and really enjoyed it. If you liked Bunker, Dr Dekker, Shape Shifting Defective, The Complex or Late Shift, then I fully recommend this. And for free is amazing.

It is a little longer than the ones I've mentioned to complete, but it's also quite a bit more interactive than those ones, so it's not just sitting watching a long movie with the odd button push.
    Ugh, the SSD platinum drove me crazy at times. I hit every glitch possible, probably the most unluckiest gamer when it came to that haha.
    Yeah I've heard that SSD has been glitchy for some. As a whole I've found the Wales Interactive published FMV games have been solid.
    The only other one that gltched on me was The Bunker on Xbox One. Told me I hadn't had all the figures, even though the pause menu said I had. Didn't really enjoy that one unlike all the others they've done, so never replayed it to unlocked the final Achievement.

SilentJay76_ said:
    mrbones7361 said:
    Awful selection this month already own Rise and bought erica when it was on sale last month and zero interest in a American sports game.
    You do know these games are for everyone, and not aimed exclusively at you, right? Not sure how owning a couple of them makes it an awful selection. Seems pretty solid to me.
    If I could like this several times I would.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • Posted on 01 July 20 at 11:11, Edited on 01 July 20 at 11:13 by Prem-aka-PrincePermalink
    boldfox85 said:
    Tomb Raider is highly recommended. I already have it as a download from January but I definitely encourage everyone to play it. I preferred it much more than Tomb Raider 2013.
    Good to hear. I've played quite a few Tomb Raider games now, and each has been pretty good in different ways (but the 2013 one had a lot of downsides for trophy hunters). If I'm not mistaken this one has no multiplayer, or no trophies there at least.

Yet I'm still concerned that 50 hours seems like a lot for a linear action adventure game which isn't bulked out by RPG elements like Assassin's Creed games are. Wasn't the first game 10/20 hours for the story and then the rest mostly a drag? If that's the case here I might have to pass, 50 hours is about a month for me now and there's just not enough time for filler.
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 01 July 20 at 23:02Permalink
    i already have Tomb Raider and Erica which i got in a sale and i'm not interested in the sports game. i will say try Erica its not that bad
  • GreenMekonGreenMekon580,857
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 09:41Permalink
    I have been interested in Erica for a while so this is a good result. Overall a good month.
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 10:34Permalink
    GreenMekon said:
    I have been interested in Erica for a while so this is a good result. Overall a good month.
    Use the DS4 touchpad, the playlink app eats your phone alive.
  • boldfox85boldfox85372,704
    Posted on 03 July 20 at 09:10Permalink
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    boldfox85 said:
    Tomb Raider is highly recommended. I already have it as a download from January but I definitely encourage everyone to play it. I preferred it much more than Tomb Raider 2013.
    Good to hear. I've played quite a few Tomb Raider games now, and each has been pretty good in different ways (but the 2013 one had a lot of downsides for trophy hunters). If I'm not mistaken this one has no multiplayer, or no trophies there at least.

Yet I'm still concerned that 50 hours seems like a lot for a linear action adventure game which isn't bulked out by RPG elements like Assassin's Creed games are. Wasn't the first game 10/20 hours for the story and then the rest mostly a drag? If that's the case here I might have to pass, 50 hours is about a month for me now and there's just not enough time for filler.
    The collectible hunting does take a while, same for the score attack gold trophies. And you have to do a playthrough on hardest difficulty, which I imagine most people did on a 2nd playthrough.

But there's also the extra content. That adds some time on so the estimate seems right.
    GT: boldfoxrd
    Posted on 03 July 20 at 09:47Permalink
    boldfox85 said:
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    boldfox85 said:

The collectible hunting does take a while, same for the score attack gold trophies. And you have to do a playthrough on hardest difficulty, which I imagine most people did on a 2nd playthrough.

But there's also the extra content. That adds some time on so the estimate seems right.
    Plus the return to croft manor, also requires you to do certain actions in the main game in order to complete it. which can make the game last longer.
  • Posted on 03 July 20 at 15:22Permalink
    SolaceCreed said:
    boldfox85 said:
    ...The collectible hunting does take a while, same for the score attack gold trophies. And you have to do a playthrough on hardest difficulty, which I imagine most people did on a 2nd playthrough.

Plus the return to croft manor, also requires you to do certain actions in the main game in order to complete it. which can make the game last longer.
    Return to the manor sounds fun, but score attack and hardest difficulty don't... think I'll give it a miss. Thanks for the insight, to both of you! dive
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • boldfox85boldfox85372,704
    Posted on 03 July 20 at 23:06Permalink
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    boldfox85 said:
    ...The collectible hunting does take a while, same for the score attack gold trophies. And you have to do a playthrough on hardest difficulty, which I imagine most people did on a 2nd playthrough.

Return to the manor sounds fun, but score attack and hardest difficulty don't... think I'll give it a miss. Thanks for the insight, to both of you! dive
    No problem. Happy to help.
    GT: boldfoxrd
  • GeorgeGiannoGeorgeGianno490,392
    Posted on 14 July 20 at 22:55Permalink
    I am not waiting for ps plus to play games(last year played only 2! for example). Usually buying them long time before ps plus decides to offer these titles for free.

But about July, can say that I was a huge fan of NBA games long time before trophies(ps2/NBA Live 2004-2006), but I am not interested anymore. Erica is a game with real actors and it makes me feel that I am watching a movie rather than playing a video game and this is the reason that I'll avoid it and Tomb Raider is a very good title, but not my type.

I can say that isn't a bad month for ps plus members after all.
    "The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh"
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.