Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Why Ghost of Tsushima is this summer's most exciting game

• TrueTrophyTrueTrophy13,467
    Posted on 16 May 20 at 14:00
    Hi all,

We wanted to take a moment to remind everyone about our Forum Policy. Please take a moment to review it.

We want to encourage a healthy discussion that includes a wide array of opinions. If you can communicate your opinion in a civil manner that complies with our updated policy, we will never moderate those posts.

If your post is deleted, this is the result of violating our forum policy. Your post was not communicated in a civil fashion. It has no bearing on the opinion you are trying to convey.

Thanks for understanding.
  • Posted on 16 May 20 at 15:00
    Yeah, I'm extremely excited for this. Open World games always end up being compared or similar to others, i.e Assassins Creed, or Far Cry, but Open World games are pretty hard to make and to make unique, considering how big they are. Also making engaging side content. I just take Open World games with a good story/setting when choosing one.

This one is right up my alley. I've always enjoyed samurai/edo period based games, movies, anime, so on so forth. So having an open world one is pretty rad/exciting to get into. The gameplay/locations/combat they've shown us so far not only look super cool, but gorgeous.

Even if the game ends up being repetitive in a way, (which every game is nowadays, let's be real) I'm hoping that the story/setting/characters are enough to keep my engaged and happy until the very end.

Mad Max was a fine example of repetitive, mundane side content, but a super good game that I very much so enjoyed to the very end because of its world and the unique-ness of its setting, being post-apocalyptic and vehicle based.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 16 May 20 at 23:54
    I can't wait for this. I'm more excited for TLoU2 but this looks good.

I'm loving the Sony exclusives since making the swtich from Xbox. Haven't been many duds that I've discovered so far, to boot, this looks beautiful. Just hope the gameplay matches.
    When an Xbox breaks down a PS4 opens its doors.
  • ZenRhinoZenRhino75,279
    Posted on 17 May 20 at 09:18, Edited on 17 May 20 at 09:19 by ZenRhino
    Watching that State of Play, I've gone from being 'reasonably interested' to 'overly excited'!

I love a beautiful open world, and I love the setting. The combat looks a bit odd right now, but I have faith in Sucker Punch.
  • Posted on 17 May 20 at 19:05
    Someone needs to buy Heidi a Megadrive, the poor girl.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 11:14
    InfinityOnH1gh said:
    Someone needs to buy Heidi a Megadrive, the poor girl.
    I have no idea what your point is supposed to be here.
    When an Xbox breaks down a PS4 opens its doors.
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 06:38
    I would argue Tell Me Why is the summer's most exciting game, although I have both consoles and am a sucker for anything Dontnod releases.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads