Community Events

Forum for the Hangman 2020 Contest

Hangman 2020 Discussion

• erod550erod55077,126
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 08:54Permalink
    Yea I was struggling hard to find the common letters at the end. I started 13 new PS Now games just to get quick letters. I’m glad I don’t care about my completion percentage over here like I do over on TA. I’m just about recovered from my last TA bean dive and I started 58 new games during this challenge lol. Thankful that I’ve added so many PS Plus games to my library over the years that I took advantage of during this thing.
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 09:17Permalink
    The way i see it, is that i pay every month for PS Now purely because me and my pal like playing Overcooked 2.

Because of this contest i made more use out of it, and although i started some relatively obscure JRPGs (my least favourite genre) that i will probably never touch again - i also started some really good games that i either finished during the course of the competition or will definitely go back to.

Funnily enough, through Raiden, i discovered i quite enjoy obscure Japanese space shooters. There are some really good b-tier games on the service, and i'd happily trade my completion percentage for more fun things to play.

Looks like one of the games you started is Back to Bed - i had a lot of fun with that. Shadwen too - but that one is behind quite a lot of other games i discovered on the service in terms of priority.
    Look after the bronzes, and the platinums will look after themselves.
  • ArtikSkarabArtikSkarab625,241
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 11:39Permalink
    Welp, I was hoping to end up in the top 3, but my work schedule didn't allow me as much gaming time as I had hoped. Either way, this was a great time and congratulations Erod and Hugo for the fierce competition and Nelson for the insane score!
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 12:24Permalink
    It would have been more exciting if I wasn't involved, I'm sad to say!

I was sure you'd make the top three, but you did well anyway. Especially to get that many with so few incorrect guesses.
  • erod550erod55077,126
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 19:19Permalink
    Can I admit that I already knew what every puzzle was before I even started it? I used a browser add-on called Chrome Regex Search so I could pull up a list of games and search for the pattern and quickly find what game title it was. Sorry if that's viewed as cheating but I don't see anything in the FAQ about that being against the rules and there's no way I would have had enough letters available if I was losing letters on puzzles that didn't even have that letter. And it's still a challenge to unlock them all even if you know what it is at the start.

Of my 10 incorrect guesses, 3 of them were accidental pops where I didn't even realize something else was going to pop on the way to the one I was going for. 3 were accidental pops that I knew could happen and I tried to avoid them but couldn't, and 4 were intentional because it was 1-2 letters standing in the way of 5-6 so it was worth it. Was going to have 4-5 misses on my last puzzle too cause I was trying to do a whole puzzle in an hour which I ended up coming up 15 min short.

Thanks for the great competition Artik and Hugo. You guys made it way more fun and I definitely had to push myself, getting very little sleep for the last few weeks.
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 20:52Permalink
    Thank you guys. Nice challenge aon congrats to you too. Nor being a Pro user made things more difficult because I had to look for games that matched the length of each word of the games.
    But it was nice. Last night I was still hoping for the silver medal but Erod overtook in the last breath.
    Again congrats to all for a really fun challenge.
    Thumbs up!!!
  • erod550erod55077,126
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 23:17Permalink
    Yea I had to give in and sign up for Pro cause I couldn't have done this with only 3 scans a day. It'll be worth it though for any other events over the next 2 years too. I'm primarily an Xbox guy and have had TA Pro for years. Just didn't play enough PlayStation to make it worth it until now.
  • WalllessFuryWalllessFury151,584
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 00:06Permalink
    Good going guys I would’ve been in top 5 had I not fallen asleep with 2ish hours to go lol. Kept getting v’s and U’s which sucked lol
  • erod550erod55077,126
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 03:47Permalink
    WalllessFury said:
    Good going guys I would’ve been in top 5 had I not fallen asleep with 2ish hours to go lol. Kept getting v’s and U’s which sucked lol
    The Swapper was great for 4 Vs, used them all. Guacamelee has one right at the beginning. So does Just Cause 3. It helped that I hadn’t already played these games on PS.
  • benh57benh57176,164
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 06:12Permalink
    Congrats guys. I had just as much fun doing my 7 puzzles with limited gaming time quarantined here.
    I'm happy with Top 20 and only 7 misses, almost all due to accidental pops. :)
  • Posted on 24 May 20 at 11:01Permalink
    Puzles Suk
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 08:34Permalink
    The results article on TA mentions a new event on Thursday that sounds quite interesting. I wonder if we'll get one too.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed196,742
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 16:19Permalink
    MrCreepingClown said:
    Puzles Suk
    This post hurt my OCD.
    Trying to catch my 6year Xbox total in half the time on PS.
  • boldfox85boldfox85349,495
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 14:35Permalink
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    The results article on TA mentions a new event on Thursday that sounds quite interesting. I wonder if we'll get one too.
    Me too. I really hope they are just keeping it secret here, much like (hopefully) the next GTTSC smile
    GT: boldfoxrd
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.