Site News

Forum to discuss TT news items. Only TrueTrophy can post here

Introducing the latest TrueTrophies Community Challenge - BATH!

• erod550erod550134,658
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 16:43, Edited on 25 March 20 at 16:44 by erod550
    Going to be a rough list since most of the games in my collection are PS Plus games that I've barely started for things like Hangman and the 12 Days of Christmas so a lot of these 2+ ratio trophies are really far into long games I've not played much at all. But I'll give it a go anyway. CRAB will be my main focus but I'll still try to get BATH done too.

This also fills the UHH hole nicely I think, which as much as UHH is my favorite competition on the TrueGaming Network, it's also extremely time consuming for months at a time so this is a much nicer pace.
  • Posted on 25 March 20 at 17:16
    For those that don't know, you can now re-register once to re-roll your BATH list, provided you need to re-arrange your BATH tub (your pool of trophies) or just plain don't like your list. toast
  • NPOCrushaderNPOCrushader121,527
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 19:30
    Thanks for giving me an incentive to go back to some of my old games, though I might not go back to the likes of Fifa 15 and such, but I'll try to get as many as I can.
    NPOCrushader
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,452
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 19:43
    Thanks very much for the 1 time reroll option! I thought I had curated my list just fine before registering. Then when I got 6 mostly late achivements in Star Wars: Racer Revenge, I realized there were a few more games I should probably take out. The one I have now is a great mix, and should make me finish 3-4 games I've been putting off, and make serious progress on others I actually want to work on. I'm not going to have time to get all 30, but 15 is definitely possible with this list. Appreciate it!
  • MayadomeMayadome523,354
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 23:26
    Now I'm not sure if I want to reroll or not. 15/30 will be relatively easy with my current list but anything over 20 would require significant time and 30/30 is basically impossible. I don't think it's worth the risk...
    Feel The Ether
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,067
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 04:49
    So glad we got a re-roll on this one. Second list is much more fair. Thanks! toast
    True Trophies Senior Moderator - https://www.truetrophies.com/stafflist.aspx
  • benh57benh57385,487
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 08:02, Edited on 26 March 20 at 08:05 by benh57
    Is there a one time reroll option? Where? The FAQ says no rerolls.

*edit* found it -- have to 'unregister' on the registration page, then re register. Perhaps the FAQ could be updated?
    Cool, another challenge! Fun one.

But, I marked PS4 ONLY as my platform, willing to accept any PS4 title, and it gave me a trophy from 'Dragon's Crown', which I only own on Vita/PS3 from PS Plus. It appears that (the PS Plus version that we all have) is not cross buy. Sounds like there is no way to fix that?
    Looks like it's an issue with the metadata for that particular game.

I can use a reroll if i can find the option...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 March 20 at 12:23, Edited on 26 March 20 at 14:54 by
    Am I doing this wrong or is the game collection almost unusable for making large scale changes? I have to individually go through 15 pages of games and filter each one individually out of the contest? Why can't we just set the contest to only consider games I set to "Currently playing" or something like that? What is so PRO about this in my subscription?

It doesn't feel like you the site owners are using their own site. It's very cumbersome.
    https://www.truetrophies.com/PlayStation-VR-Required/games?order=GameRating
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,452
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:12
    barthorst said:
    Am I doing this wrong is the game collection almost unusable for making large scale changes? I have to individually go through 15 pages of games and filter each one individually out of the contest? Why can't we just set the contest to only consider games I set to "Currently playing" or something like that? What is so PRO about this in my subscription?

It doesn't feel like you the site owners are using their own site. It's very cumbersome.
    There is a multi edit function. Under the 'view and filter' dropdown box in your game collection, at the very bottom you can select Multi Edit. You can then check off whatever games you wish, and change the ownership status of all at once so they don't get used in the contest.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:15
    barthorst said:
    Am I doing this wrong is the game collection almost unusable for making large scale changes? I have to individually go through 15 pages of games and filter each one individually out of the contest? Why can't we just set the contest to only consider games I set to "Currently playing" or something like that? What is so PRO about this in my subscription?

The Game Collection is only tricky to manage if you don't normally manage it. I had already marked games I have finished as Done With and set the correct status on everything else. So I didn't have to change anything when it came to the contest. As minpinz23186 points out, you can multi-edit. It just defaults to single edit as that is more commonly used.

Unsure what your pro subscription has to do with this? There is no difference in Game collection between normal and pro users
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:56
    > There is a multi edit function.
    You still have to go through each page individually. It should've been just one long page, so we can do changes like that quick!

Or just give us more filters than "started" and "collection" for events like this.
    https://www.truetrophies.com/PlayStation-VR-Required/games?order=GameRating
  • DrNefarioDrNefario92,650
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 10:34
    I don't know whether to re-roll without my PS+ games, or just assume I will renew my sub fairly soon. If I can even remember which ones are PS+.

Either way it's a pretty tough challenge for me, and I suspect I'll be dropping out of Perfect Challenge Club.
  • AlexandyrZhoAlexandyrZho875,806
    Posted on 29 March 20 at 18:30
    I went 'as is' not thinking about things like FF14 which requires a monthly subscription, and if course it pops up. I haven't decided if I'm going to reroll, Persona 5 Royal comes out in 2 days and I took vacation just to play it uninterrupted...
  • ZvetikiZvetiki461,778
    Posted on 29 March 20 at 19:44
    After I got a bunch of +40h trophies in Mass Effect, Fallout 4, Tales of..., GTA V and the like in the first try, I filtered those games out and re-rolled.

Again, 30 different games, and only one that I am actively playing. So apart from some low-hanging fruits, this is going to be time consuming. Those Atelier/FF/Tales/Wat100K trophies are not realy difficult, but do require a long time.

Well, let's see how it goes. I might be dropping out of the 100% club as well; but it has to end a some point in time, and as a semi-casual I don't really belong in there anyway.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 30 March 20 at 17:45
    I gave up trying to manage 200+ games on my collection.
    May not get too dar with this still. It's making me go back to finishing the 100% Completion of the Dragon Age series though, so not all bad I guess.
    When an Xbox breaks down a PS4 opens its doors.
  • moi944moi944198,298
    Posted on 01 April 20 at 20:16, Edited on 01 April 20 at 20:29 by moi944
    minpinz23186 said:
    BeardedScot86 said:
    minpinz23186 said:
    The FAQ specifically says to use the 'not for contests' status to mark games you don't want to use. Umm ... while that ownership status exists on TA, it doesn't here. Do we use 'no longer have' or something else?
    Not for contest now exists. Change Ownership status to this for the games you want excluded
    Thanks! Time to figure it out and register...
    I don't normally manage my collection. Where do I set this status? Found it, on you collection page click on the image of the game you want to modify.

Thanks
  • Posted on 02 April 20 at 20:19
    I earned a trophy in my list and it hasn't been marked as completed in BATH. The "No Dice" trophy.

KindredSprites

I also was an idiot and included a game in my collection that I don't own and can't buy (the Specter Knight standalone version when I already have Shovel Knight). No 30/30 for me, even I could get much better at Guitar Hero.
  • DrNefarioDrNefario92,650
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 08:31
    Me too, and it's one of the ones I might actually have got. I was so sure I'd bought Grim Fandango Remastered. In fact, I was sure I'd seen a receipt when I was checking my games list when I re-rolled without PS+, but apparently I imagined it, because it's not there now, and the game is locked.

Ah well, I was never going to get 30/30. If I end up on 14 I'm going to be annoyed, though.
  • Posted on 03 April 20 at 14:00
    KindredSprites said:
    I earned a trophy in my list and it hasn't been marked as completed in BATH. The "No Dice" trophy.

KindredSprites
    I have sent this over to the devs to be looked at
  • Posted on 03 April 20 at 16:56
    KindredSprites said:

KindredSprites.
    They have fixed it for you
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads