Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

Happy Birthday to PlayStation 2, 20 years old today

• Posted on 04 March 20 at 14:09
    I didn't ask to feel old today.
  • Posted on 04 March 20 at 14:41
    Man, I was 4 when this came out.

Either way, GG to the console that not only got me into gaming, but RPG's.

Looking at you, Kingdom Hearts! toast
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,412
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 14:42
    PistolMcAwesome said:
    I didn't ask to feel old today.
    if I have to, you do too
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,069,749
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 17:52
    This was the only playstation console which I had to order in store as I missed launch and couldn't get one for love nor money. I remember bringing it home like some sort of all conquering hero, looking at passers by and nodding to them 'yep, it is a ps2!'. The kids were amazed at dad's new toy (mainly because it gave them access to the ps1 and Tomb Raider 2) and we were blown away by the games. I had many an amazing adventure on this console and it now sits (still fully working) in my cupboard next to the boxed ps1. 20 years!, man, what memories!clapcn_guidetoast
  • HakuMH4UHakuMH4U443,292
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 19:30
    I was 20 when this bad boy launched and my fiancé bought me one as an engagement. The marriage ended up breaking down, but the system still works like a charm!
    That analogy helps put it in perspective. Thanks!
  • Symf_MGSymf_MG9,724
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 22:30
    The PlayStation 2 will always have a place in my heart.
  • Posted on 05 March 20 at 01:32
    The PS2 got me right back into gaming after having a few years where I didn't really play any games (since the N64). I think I got my PS2 in 2007, so right on the tail end of its life cycle. I still have it and to my knowledge it still works. Spent many, many hours playing the Tony Hawk games, Burnout series, WWE games and Gran Turismo 3&4 on it smile
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads