Community News

News for and about the commnunity. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

The TrueTrophies Leap Frog 2020: The Results

• kintariskintaris93,379
  • donald047donald0471,456,545
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 15:04Permalink
    Cheers for the round up Sam. Had fun with the event and worked on a little bit of backlog with Bioshock earning most of my daily in the last week.
    Donald W Forbes
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed213,348
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 20:11Permalink
    It was fun, although it seemed a bit silly that ot was decided by round six or seven.
    When an Xbox breaks down a PS4 opens its doors.
  • barthorstbarthorst54,705
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 21:02Permalink
    Bad rules in my humble opinion. What was the point of leaping if just the highest ratio won? The way it was handled over on TA was much better.
    https://www.truetrophies.com/PlayStation-VR-Required/games?order=GameRating
  • Posted on 28 February 20 at 00:43Permalink
    Glad it was enjoyed by many of the participants. I tried hard to make it a great event for all. I have recently joined the events team (I joined during this event), and I have been throwing some more ideas out for possible future events :)
  • Posted on 28 February 20 at 02:17Permalink
    I really enjoyed participating although I was super bummed when I realised early on in the contest that I'd unlocked "A New Beginning" in NBA 2k19 literally like a couple of months ago facepalm

The good thing about the contest for me was that it got me to start Injustice which I'd been considering for a while, but never quite had the guts to just do it!

And I now also have a nice new pink badge instead of a brown one laugh

Congrats to all who participated and to the winners toast
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • DrNefarioDrNefario69,087
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 09:40Permalink
    I always enjoy the community challenges, even though I have no realistic chance of winning. For me it's about digging through my library and playing things I've more-or-less forgotten about. It's difficult to balance a challenge for the super-competitive folks at the top and for people like me. The rules for this one were a bit weird, with the community challenge not having a lot to do with the winners, but you have to try these things out to know if they work or not.
  • junckerkidsjunckerkids420,956
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 14:07Permalink
    That was the end of my perfect run. Work got in the way of me being one of the people to complete 10/10.
  • Posted on 28 February 20 at 23:19Permalink
    Club 13. BwaBwaBwaBwaaaaaaa!
  • Posted on 29 February 20 at 00:59Permalink
    barthorst said:
    Bad rules in my humble opinion. What was the point of leaping if just the highest ratio won? The way it was handled over on TA was much better.
    DrNefario said:
    I always enjoy the community challenges, even though I have no realistic chance of winning. For me it's about digging through my library and playing things I've more-or-less forgotten about. It's difficult to balance a challenge for the super-competitive folks at the top and for people like me. The rules for this one were a bit weird, with the community challenge not having a lot to do with the winners, but you have to try these things out to know if they work or not.
    LeapFrog is normally run until the end, but with the small population on TrueTrophies involved in events we've been trying to change things up a bit to get more people to participate and we have other events planned that would have overlapped. As mentioned, we're trying different things to see what works for TrueTrophies, as ratio-based doesn't work as well on TrueTrophies.

A couple things rolled out late or oddly because we had to change a couple things up last minute, but we're hammering things out where we can. We'll take the feedback to heart and keep it in mind for the next event.
  • Eva0102Eva0102145,377
    Posted on 03 March 20 at 00:37Permalink
    Loved this event and cant wait to see more! I made a little blog post about it and some ideas for future events that need some fleshing out but still fun. Has anyone suggested Trophy hunting Bingo? Keep up the great work guys!
  • MayadomeMayadome405,155
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 01:55Permalink
    Another fun community challenge. Thanks for organizing it guys. Looking forward to the next one.
    Feel The Ether
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.