Playstation 3

Forum for Playstation 3 related things. No troubleshooting or specific game discussion threads here, though. There are forums for those.

Activision Legacy Games with discontinued online service / shutdown

• LeigrezLeigrez945,463
    Posted on 22 February 20 at 14:21, Edited on 22 February 20 at 15:21 by LeigrezPermalink
    Hey everyone, since I saw the site hasn't noticed this gigantic red flag for 21 14 PS3 titles, I thought I would give everyone the heads up.

The following titles are affected and potentially already shut down as of 20th of February, 2020:

007: Blood Stone
    007: Goldeneye Reloaded
    007: Legends
    007: Quantum of Solace
    Band Hero
    Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 - Facebook connection was discontinued previously, so it was already unobtainable.
    Cabela's Hunting Expeditions - Game is 100% offline.
    Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai - Game is 100% offline.
    DJ Hero
    DJ Hero 2
    Fast and Furious: Showdown - Game can be done in couch co-op.
    Guitar Hero 5
    Guitar Hero: Metallica
    Guitar Hero: Van Halen
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Game can be done in couch co-op.
    NASCAR The Game: Inside Line
    Tony Hawk: Ride - Game is 100% offline.
    Tony Hawk: Shred
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    Wipeout 2 - Game can be done in couch co-op.
    Wolfenstein

So be careful when starting these, knowing that the servers can shutdown without notice as per the agreement Activision has implemented on the back of the game cases. I would highly suggest if you want to boost these to start as soon as possible, not syncing trophies until online is completed. I am overseas at the moment, so I can not confirm any of these titles until early March. If any awesome peeps can in the meantime, please share.

Cheers,
    Leigrez

The link below is where they have updated the information. Several members from psnprofiles have confirmed shutdown's for the 007 series. Several other members have mentioned Wolfenstein is still accessible as well (But for how long? Who knows?).
    https://support.activision.com/articles/legacy-activision-ga...

**EDIT** I have double checked to see which games have online trophies, and struck out the ones that still can be completed, since they state "in most cases, online functionality—including multiplayer gameplay and in-game or in-app transactions—is disabled where applicable. Also, these games will no longer receive title updates, patches, or bug fixes. For some of these titles, offline features such as campaign will remain unaffected." **EDIT**
    There are three kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 00:35Permalink
    Leigrez said:
    The following titles are affected and potentially already shut down as of 20th of February, 2020:

007: Blood Stone
    007: Goldeneye Reloaded
    007: Legends
    007: Quantum of Solace
    So sudden! Poor 007... in the end, had no time to die.

...jokes aside, bloody good effort on your post, thank you. toast
    I never change, except in my affections.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.