Series Discussion

Forum to discuss and propose game series ideas

Mystery Dungeon Franchise

• Posted on 22 February 20 at 11:18Permalink
    Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon 3 (remake/port)

Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! Trophies

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Remake/port)
    Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Vita) Trophies

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (JP) (Vita) Trophies

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon 3 was originally released on the Nintendo Wii under the title Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon. Which was later ported to the Nintendo DS in Japan under the title シドとチョコボの不思議なダンジョン 時忘れの迷宮 DS+ (English: Cid and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: Labyrinth of Forgotten Time DS+). And subsequently ported to/remade for the PS4 and Nintendo Switch in 2019.

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate was originally released in 2010 on the Nintendo DS in Japan. Ported to the Playstation Vita in 2015 under the title 不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン5 plus フォーチュンタワーと運命のダイス (English: Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate), later licensed to Aksys games and released in North America and Europe I believe, simply titled Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate.

Source: Mystery Dungeon Franchise Wiki, of which I am an editor and admin.
    https://mysterydungeon.gamepedia.com/Chocobo's%20Mystery%20Dungeon%20EVERY%20BUDDY!

https://mysterydungeon.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Shiren_...
    Korra II Royal ? | Mystery Dungeon Wiki (EN), Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja Wiki (EN)
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 00:32Permalink
    While I would say these are quite definitively different, it is true that Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon games are officially part of the Mystery Dungeon series, so I support this.
    It's similar to the core Dynasty Warriors games versus Dynasty Warriors Gundam, a sub-series but still clearly officially part of the same series. Coincidentally just this week Persona 5 Scramble now falls into the same category.
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 06:20Permalink
    They're both different series of the same franchise. I'm a huge fan of the Mystery Dungeon franchise. I spend all my free time editing and maintaining the MD wiki. But someday I'd love to be able to have a 100% MD series icon on my profile.
    Korra II Royal ? | Mystery Dungeon Wiki (EN), Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja Wiki (EN)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.