Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

"Teams"

• Harris59Harris591,198,828
    Posted on 27 May 15 at 01:55, Edited on 18 February 16 at 15:13 by Harris59
    Just a small idea, I haven't thought out many details to it but wouldn't it be cool to make some kind of teams, you could only be able to join one at one time and you can have a team level and TT score for the team which is simply all the members added together and you could even have something added to the TT stat updates where you show the top teams for the week by TT score increase that week etc.

Let me know what you think :3

EDIT: Putting image in OP http://i.imgur.com/TYyszQw.png

EDIT: Just to clarify something that might not be clear in the image, the badges would have a higher requirement for completed games (as it's a team, otherwise almost every team would have the maximum badge), also "Friends" badge is supposed to represent "Members".

EDIT: Maybe each team could have some section where it says which member has the highest score, ratio and completion percentage in an MvP section.

EDIT: Maybe have ranks in the teams like 'Officer' and 'Refruiter', officer being basically a moderator but the reason for recruiter is some people dont want everyone inviting anyone to the team but also you don't want to give moderator powers to someone just to let them invite people.
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 May 15 at 10:56, Edited on 28 May 15 at 10:57 by
    Maybe I don't get it but in what way is this different from custom leaderboards?

I guess I do get it. You're talking about something akin to the GTASC, only not for one year but more on a weekly reset basis right?
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
    Posted on 28 May 15 at 12:49
    What's GTASC?

Basically think of it like a clan or guild in an MMO, you join one and work together for glory!

E.G. Team Qwerty (Total TT 1,234,567, Members 12) [Weekly gain 12,345, Week Position: 4th]
    We all serve one master, one king... And his name, is gaming, forever may he reign!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 May 15 at 13:04
    GTASC is a TA challenge where you enter at the start of the year in teams and each week a couple of the teams that gained the least TA score are eliminated from the challenge, until at the end of the year there's only a few teams left. What you're proposing is basically that but without the elimination process.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
    Posted on 28 May 15 at 13:18
    Yeah, a permanent team, and most importantly actually a site feature, I've seen other sites have teams you make on forums but it doesn't have the same impact. In my head I see lots of teams and team interactions/discussions, team pages with pretty graphic banners (I know what my team banner would look like as well as my team rules xD) and the feeds of its members along with a team bio.
    Posted on 31 May 15 at 01:11, Edited on 31 May 15 at 01:16 by Harris59
    I was playing around with a screenshot today that I took of my profile to see if I could come up with a basic concept that helps demonstrate my idea.

I hope this helps y'all understand :D

http://i.imgur.com/TYyszQw.png

EDIT: Just to clarify something that might not be clear in the image, the badges would have a higher requirement for completed games (as it's a team, otherwise almost every team would have the maximum badge), also "Friends" badge is supposed to represent "Members".
  • Posted on 31 May 15 at 01:43
    I like the idea, the concept design seems pretty sweet. I would definitely be up for this. I am a little concerned about some things would work but those would likely be figured out if it gets picked up obviously.

I know that a team based competition similar to GTASC was kind of shot down due to how the syncing works on Playstation but if this done in a non official competition for lack of a better term then I see no problem why it shouldn't work.
  • Posted on 31 May 15 at 08:36
    I like it. It reminds me of leaderboards, except instead of all the players in the group being competitive with each other, they come together to be competitive with another.
    It's like the co-op/competitive duality of team based games over FFA.
    =Semper Fi=
  • AhayzoAhayzo66,957
    Posted on 31 May 15 at 20:21, Edited on 31 May 15 at 20:23 by Ahayzo
    One thing would be to have the main score badge not be for total score. Want a better badge? Let's just add some members.

An average member score would be cool to see, average ratio, etc.

The downside is I wouldn't find a team and get all depressed and lonesome cry
  • Posted on 31 May 15 at 21:15
    alklein92201 said:An average member score would be cool to see, average ratio, etc.
    The downside is I wouldn't find a team and get all depressed and lonesome cry
    Since average would just preclude people, and encourage 'power groups' rather than ever-growing friend groups, perhaps an average out of the group's top-ten in each category, or just the best in that category taken from among all the members. As some gamers will have really good completion percentages, others really high TT scores, others lots of completed games or plats etc.
    =Semper Fi=
  • AhayzoAhayzo66,957
    Posted on 01 June 15 at 04:02
    You say my suggestion precludes some people... and then recommend only using the top ten players in the different categories wink
  • Posted on 01 June 15 at 08:56, Edited on 01 June 15 at 08:57 by Prem-aka-Prince
    No it just means you'll still be welcome in the group even if you're not a 'star player', because neither you nor the group's administrator will have to worry about who brings the score down.
    =Semper Fi=
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,112
    Posted on 01 June 15 at 16:29
    Harris59 said:http://i.imgur.com/TYyszQw.png

Nice concept. I could actually see this being a pretty neat addition to the site. It would encourage community involvement and certainly could help bring an increase in membership to the site.
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
    Posted on 02 June 15 at 02:18
    GAMERJET said:Harris59 said:http://i.imgur.com/TYyszQw.png

Nice concept. I could actually see this being a pretty neat addition to the site. It would encourage community involvement and certainly could help bring an increase in membership to the site.
    That's what I was thinking, creating more interaction and sense of community between everyone. Plus one thing I think that sets this site apart from others is all those features you don't get anywhere else so yet another one helps this place stand out even more.
  • Posted on 02 June 15 at 02:27
    Harris59 said: Plus one thing I think that sets this site apart from others is all those features you don't get anywhere else so yet another one helps this place stand out even more.That can be a bad thing sometimes. I got asked the other day what features the site has and it took me forever because of the amount laugh
  • McVexyMcVexy119,771
    Posted on 02 June 15 at 22:10
    I really like this idea, actually. Great concept posted above! +1 from me!
    Posted on 03 June 15 at 03:13
    munchmagic1986 said:Harris59 said: Plus one thing I think that sets this site apart from others is all those features you don't get anywhere else so yet another one helps this place stand out even more.That can be a bad thing sometimes. I got asked the other day what features the site has and it took me forever because of the amount laughLOL! That could also make the other person just go "okay dude enough, I get it, it does everything! I gotta sign up!"
    Posted on 18 February 16 at 15:38
    With the new voting system I'm going to try my luck with this again, *BUMP*
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 February 16 at 15:50
    I think this could use some more thought, don't see exactly how to best implement an idea like this but I'm willing to give the basic idea a thumbs up and then discuss how this should exactly work.
    http://starwarsrpgrecaps.blogspot.com
  • Posted on 18 February 16 at 16:47
    I said before with reasons that I support this idea broadly speaking, but at this time I'm not going to vote either way because I think it is far too far from ready and I think it would be much wiser to get simple suggestions pushed through and then get your votes back to work on more ambitious ones.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads