TrueTrophies Polls

Forum for our TrueTrophies Polls

What was your first Sony system?

• Posted on 25 January 15 at 02:16
    Hey guys and gals,

The Sony Computer brand has been around for a long time now just having celebrated it's 20th anniversary, what was the first one that you owned? There is obviously no option for "Other" this time but please let us know in the comments anyway what your first was and what has been your favourite one to date.

Thanks to DirtyLittleSith for this suggestion, if you have a suggestion for a poll please let us know at Poll Suggestions
    Poll: What was your first Sony system?
    • 70.8% - Playstation 1
    • 15.0% - Playstation 2
    • 2.1% - Playstation Portable
    • 7.2% - Playstation 3
    • 0.5% - Playstation Vita
    • 4.4% - Playstation 4

We had 387 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 02:20
    For me, like a lot of people I imagine, it was the PS1. I was over the moon when my dad got it, so many good memories on it. For my favourite I am actually gonna say Vita. Sure it isn't the best out of all of them but it allows me to take my gaming with me and I can even play my PS4 in different rooms (the toilet) and while I am watching stuff on TV. It is definitely the ultimate companion device in my book, if only the Second Screen feature with PS4 was a bit better, but I can just chill and play ps3/4 or watch telly and mess about on Football Manager or something else
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,412
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 02:38
    PS1 right after it's life cycle finished, damn I loved that console. I've barely touched any of them after that
    http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,230
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 02:47
    I'm the odd duckling. I got a PS2 for my first Sony console. However, my brother had a PS1 but did let me play it once in a while.
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 04:50
    Ps1
    IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
  • Linkx41Linkx4152,013
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 07:19
    PS2, I rocked a N64 during PS1's heyday
    The King of Hyrule
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,985,309
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 07:26
    I've had all of them except the PSP.
    Currently have the Vita, PS3 & PS4.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 January 15 at 07:31
    PS4 was my first... My brother had a PSOne and my nephews had a PS2 so I've had some experience with the controller but I myself stuck to Nintendo until the Wii, after that I went to X360 and then to the PS4.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • MayadomeMayadome523,580
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 07:49
    PS1. So many fond memories with that console. Playing Resident Evil 1 and 2 until 2am in the morning with the lights off with my friend or having fierce rounds of Soul Blade. It was cooler to own an N64 in primary school but I didn't care.
    Feel The Ether
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 08:38
    First serious game console, playstation 1, of which sit's proudly under my ps3 to this day, currently running the vita and ps3
    A.D.H.D fanboy
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 08:44, Edited on 25 January 15 at 08:45 by Blackmist_FFXI
    Bought my self a PS1 and Final Fantasy 7 in the 7th grade with my own money i made actualy working (Lawn mowing Fun goodness) - always found it funny when my parents would try to take it away saying they bought it, and i'd pull out the Recite and such xD i worked hard for that o -o

was my 1st sony system. and i've been buying Sony since (Thou I do have/had most systems over the years. Being a gamer -don't limit my self to systems. Its about the games. Not what you play them on ^^

(edit)
    and out of them, My fave would have to be the PsP has so many fun Tactical grid biased games, and im a total sucker for them
  • strifekunstrifekun240,855
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 08:56
    The mini PS1 released near the end of it's life cycle. Back when blockbuster existed, I ended up renting a PS1 system from them and became hooked on it. Which immediately made me needwant to have it.
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 09:00
    PS1, good times.
  • takutonekotakutoneko128,038
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 11:34
    Ps3 but that's due to my dad getting it.
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET577,112
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 11:46
    PS2 was my first. In the Groove & Dance Dance Revolution got me to buy my first Sony console.
    Remember to give credit to the person who got you to join the site!
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 12:51
    Blackmist_FFXI said:Bought my self a PS1 and Final Fantasy 7 in the 7th grade with my own money i made actualy working (Lawn mowing Fun goodness) I had a similar experience, I bought Final Fantasy 9 with my own money from my paper round, first brand new day 1 game I ever bought
  • xMC0RExxMC0REx7,042
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 14:59
    The memories of THPS, so long ago...
    TA Walkthrough Manager | TT Walkthrough Assistant Manager | x360: MC0REBE
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 16:02
    My first Sony console was the PS1. Those were the days when I had to play the mess out of Resident Evil with no memory card, turning off the television and going to sleep, literally waking up and picking back up where I left off.
    "Shut up..." Rick Grimes
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 17:53
    I bought a PS1, Destruction Derby and Tekken from Dixons on Day One for I do believe £370. All my hard earned paper round money. Sold it for £40 a few years ago. How sad
  • Matto_lsiMatto_lsi901,554
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 18:41
    Bought a PS1 in '96 right after starting high school. It was $150, I bought it myself with money I saved from odd jobs. I then traded in my NES and Sega to buy FF VII (terrible mistake, I miss those consoles even now, but the game was amazing). Played it less after getting my N64 in '98 (my last nintendo console), then in '01 I traded it in with a bunch of $1 bin games for a credit towards my PS2, which I still have. I don't trade in anymore. Took 3 lost consoles to realize that :(

I will get a PS4 soon, but other than that and PSP, which I'll never get, I've owned all PS consoles, though I will say that if I didn't get my Vita free through work, I'd never have one of those either. I'm not a handheld gamer... just not a fan of tiny screens, I guess.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads