Site Wishlist Archive

When wishes come true, their memory lives here

There is one other solution

• Posted on 30 August 14 at 23:02
    When did this come in to effect?

I don't like this at all being a solution creator my self as now a solution of mine that took a lot of work and time is just blanked out of the screen and left to chance that someone will see the "other solution" button.

I could understand it if my solutions had numerous down votes and others had plus votes but just now my solution is 0+/0- and probably will stay that way with this kind of system.

Can't say i am pleased . I only joined not so long ago and have been feeding solutions in to the site but if this stays i can't see my self feeling like doing so as what's the point if people don't see them?
  • Posted on 31 August 14 at 00:11, Edited on 31 August 14 at 00:11 by Spilner1001
    This is from your settings, My Settings and set 'Show all solutions' to yes.

The setting only shows the top voted solution otherwise.
    Find me more often on TA but ill be here, you've been warned :D
  • Posted on 31 August 14 at 07:05, Edited on 31 August 14 at 10:59 by MitchCRafT_nM3
    Thats weird i never changed that, cheers for heads up though

If this is set as default please can it be changed to the regular way it was showing all because if this is set as default like i said it gives new solutions far less chance of being noticed and they could end being the better solution of them but lost due to this function.

The only way i noticed it was because i knew i had wrote and made a video for a trophy and when i went in to the trophy i could not see my solution anywhere. It took me a moment to figure out what had happened so i dare say a non solution writer would have much less a chance of finding the other solutions.

Another question, what does people who are not registered see? Do they see the same or just all solutions are visual to them?
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 11:41
    Ah i may have done this thinking it was hiding the solutions, like when on TA they stopped people from being able to click on your badge and see your solutions making them easy to down vote.

So i take it's not a default setting but is there an option on here that i stated above?
    There is no free will,there is no choice, you have a path set upon you, it is, YOUR DESTINY!
  • Posted on 02 September 14 at 12:47
    Yup,i don't think the default is more hidden, I'll check.
    Find me more often on TA but ill be here, you've been warned :D
  • Information
    Posted on 27 February 15 at 18:22
    This post was archived by munchmagic1986
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads