The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

EU - PS Store Update, August 21st, 2014

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• Posted on 21 August 14 at 19:55
    Was tempted by a rockstar game as I have £9 left over on my account.
    I was saving it to see if a new discount would come up that I'd enjoy, now I'm debating on spending it on a summer sale game or waiting longer.
    Everything you do is a balloon.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 August 14 at 21:27
    EnigmaticFrenzyy said:
    I was saving it to see if a new discount would come up that I'd enjoy, now I'm debating on spending it on a summer sale game or waiting longer.
    Which game were you considering?
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
  • Posted on 21 August 14 at 22:58
    Shadow_Enz said:
    EnigmaticFrenzyy said:
    Which game were you considering?
    If you mean the rockstar discounts, either GTA 4 or L.A Noire, I've owned them both and played them both lots back on xbox, but never actually finished.
    So me not getting them is 50/50, because I've played through most of them before, and I might get a better purchase if I wait.
    Everything you do is a balloon.
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 00:02
    Might snag Midnight Club at that price, have never played it but always wanted to check it out. Got Hotline Miami (PS4) and Crimsonland (Vita) through cross buy and a couple games in the US discounts so that should keep me going anyway.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 August 14 at 06:12
    The Oddworld DLC is free for any PS+ member regardless of buying the main game. I can confirm this, 'bought' it yesterday. It seems to be like any PS+ free game; the store says you can play the DLC as long as you're a PS+ member.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91461,392
    Posted on 22 August 14 at 09:28
    LA Noire complete edition seems like a steal for 8 quid... I just don't know if I really want it.Played it briefly on my nephew's game years ago. Lots of clicking, dark alleys, accused a chick of lying when she was balatantly truthing and punched a guy in the face. I think I've exhausted the general entertainment of the game.
  • MonkeyBrad91MonkeyBrad91461,392
    Posted on 22 August 14 at 09:32
    munchmagic1986 said:
    Might snag Midnight Club at that price, have never played it but always wanted to check it out. Got Hotline Miami (PS4) and Crimsonland (Vita) through cross buy and a couple games in the US discounts so that should keep me going anyway.
    Be warned that, due to the GameSpy closures, Rockstar closed the servers on July 16th (Later than the June 10th they claimed they'd close). This means that several trophies are discontinued, relating to the social club or online features.

Midnight Club Los Angeles / MCLA Complete Edition

Online multiplayer gameplay: Removed for the PlayStation®3 version only
    All Social Club website features and account linking: Removed
    In-game multiplayer leaderboards: Removed for PlayStation®3 version only
    In-game Rate My Ride and Driving Test unlocks: Removed
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 09:37
    MonkeyBrad91 said:
    Be warned that, due to the GameSpy closures, Rockstar closed the servers on July 16th (Later than the June 10th they claimed they'd close). This means that several trophies are discontinued, relating to the social club or online features.
    Yeah I remember reading about it, luckily I don't really play racing games online so I wouldn't be missing out on anything
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 August 14 at 09:50
    munchmagic1986 said:
    MonkeyBrad91 said:
    Yeah I remember reading about it, luckily I don't really play racing games online so I wouldn't be missing out on anything
    Burnout Paradise is awesome to play online. That's coming from me, the multiplayer hater.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 August 14 at 10:46
    I agree about Burnout Paradise
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive. twitter.com/shadow_enz
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 10:55
    BillyHorrible said:
    munchmagic1986 said:
    MonkeyBrad91 said:
    Burnout Paradise is awesome to play online. That's coming from me, the multiplayer hater.
    Burnout is probably the only exception, best racing game ever made
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 04:25
    Looks like a Rockstar sale on both PS and Xbox this week then shock Some great games but I already own all the ones I'm interested in.

I grabbed the OddWorld add-on though, since it was free. Not sure if I'll ever buy the game but grabbed it just in case!
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 August 14 at 05:23
    A_Tennis_Giraffe said:
    Looks like a Rockstar sale on both PS and Xbox this week then shock Some great games but I already own all the ones I'm interested in.
    Rockstar has sales on both every five weeks it seems. It was just waiting for them to sync up.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads