The Original Off Topic Board

Chat about anything you like!

What is the last book you read?

• WeisGuy-9WeisGuy-99,999
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 23:29
    Right now I am reading the Game of Thrones series. I watched the first couple seasons of the show before reading any of the books, and I enjoyed it so much that I decided I couldn't wait several years to find out what happens.

I've already read A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings, and I've just started on A Storm of Swords. Really loving this series. Once you get a handle on all of the places and people, it's a joy of a read.
    Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • Posted on 01 November 13 at 23:51
    Last book I read? well that was 8 years ago, think it was Holes. Good book enjoyed it got to watch the film version after to compare.
    Find me more often on TA but ill be here, you've been warned :D
    Posted on 02 November 13 at 01:48
    8 years ago?

Sir, put down the controller and step away! laugh
  • Posted on 02 November 13 at 20:23
    It was Stephen Kings The Dark Tower volume VI: Song Of Susannah. I have volume VII but I still haven't brought myself to read it, don't want the story to end
    Posted on 03 November 13 at 06:56
    I felt the same way - LOL. Terrific series. I kept the books so that I can read them again at some point.
  • Posted on 10 November 13 at 14:43
    The Diesel Odyssey of Clessie Cummins. I think Cummins is one of the greatest diesel engine manufacturers out there and this books goes from the beginning of Cummins' life to the end and everything in between. The man was an absolute mechanical genius and makes me proud to own a '91 Dodge Ram with the 12 Valve Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. 10/10

Parker
  • Posted on 17 November 13 at 07:48
    Return to Labyrinth volumes 1-4. It's a manga follow up to the 80s Labyrinth movie with David Bowie. I didn't like the way the books ended but they were ok.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 November 13 at 05:00
    Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Really an amazing read, I highly recommend it.
  • Posted on 18 November 13 at 07:53
    Gotta go back a bit but I'd say Eldest by Christopher Paolini. Really gotta read Inheritance soon, seeing as I reread the first 3 just to refresh for the conclusion. Before that I was on a bit of a Michael Crichton splurge; Jurassic Park, Lost World, Next, Congo, Prey. For anyone who's interested in science fiction or thrillers I would advise you give him a look.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 November 13 at 10:53
    The last book I read was Alan Wake smile
  • Posted on 02 December 13 at 07:25
    Haha, also read Alan Wake.

Last book read: A Perfect Spy

Favorite book: No Country for Old Men

Upcoming reads: From a Buick 8, Last of the Breed, and S.

Wants: 11/22/63, House of Leaves
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 December 13 at 22:28
    No Country for Old Men was awesome.
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.
  • Posted on 10 December 13 at 21:43, Edited on 10 December 13 at 21:43 by Leo_Ascendent
    lol reading

I'm very much like Spilner, can't even the last book I read.
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 00:28
    Finished off the Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series. Pissed that the next book won't be out until at least 2015, maybe as late as 2017!

Now I'm back to the Horus Heresy series in Warhammer 40K. Just finished The Mark of Calth (pretty good) and now reading Vulkan Lives (horribly bad).
  • daggerjanedaggerjane325,274
    Posted on 16 January 14 at 22:28
    Just finished The Neighbors by Ana Ahlborn. It was okay, I guess. I'd heard it was scary but I thought it was boring so I was a bit disappointed.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 January 14 at 07:22
    Recently re-read Idoru by William Gibson
    You must exceed your limitations if you wish to succeed.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 14 at 09:03
    I currently have little time for reading, I read mostly during my summer holidays. Last book I finished was Game Of Thrones and I'm halfway through the second book. I got William Shakespeare's Star Wars for my birthday but didn't get the chance to read it yet.
    "Booyah." - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 11 August 14 at 07:52
    Recently picked up the divergence books as i am forcing my self to read again as i have not for so long. I suppose before that would be for my grades if all the Novels worth in Dragon Age Origins doesn't count :)
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,497
    Posted on 02 September 15 at 06:24
    Lone Survivor!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 September 15 at 17:08
    BillyHorrible said:I currently have little time for reading, I read mostly during my summer holidays. Last book I finished was Game Of Thrones and I'm halfway through the second book. I got William Shakespeare's Star Wars for my birthday but didn't get the chance to read it yet.Still at the same page with Game Of Thrones, though I have read some other stuff in between... Last one was Green Arrow: Year One. Last actual book would be something study related.
    #TurnOffTrophyNotifications
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads